Is there a way to check the iPhone's battery health other than iBackupBot? I don't think it's reading my phone right. I've had my iPhone 5s for over two years now and iBackupBot shows my cycle count is 338 and design capacity is 1550, but my full charge capacity is 1600. How could I have 103% of the design capacity after 2 years and 338 charges? My battery life definitely doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
    12-11-2015 10:19 AM
    Edit
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 12-14-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    12-11-2015 10:26 AM
    Here's a battery test used by Geniuses at Apple Stores.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by

Your 5s may be aging. My old 5 has a horrible battery.
    Usage time by what?
    12-13-2015 09:57 PM
    Usage time by what?
    Zero, I believe, since the phone was asleep. I think @Ledsteplin was typing that on his 5 and the battery died
    12-14-2015 06:00 AM
    Usage time by what?
    LOL. By less than 1 minute.

Try again.
    Battery test
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute 3. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.
    12-14-2015 07:46 AM
    Zero, I believe, since the phone was asleep. I think @Ledsteplin was typing that on his 5 and the battery died
    Copy and paste was old.
    12-14-2015 07:53 AM
    LOL. By less than 1 minute.

Try again.
    Battery test
    Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute 3. If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.
    I don't really have an issue with standby time. Standby time is still really good. It's when I'm actually using the phone that it doesn't seem to last as long as it used to.

But I decided to go ahead and try out the battery saving mode. Never did before because I don't want a gimped phone, but it didn't seem to impact how I use my phone at all. I only drained the battery down to 67% before I charged it back to 100%, but I got a few minutes short of 2 hours of use (no music, actual screen on time) which should give me 5.5 to 6 hours of use. That's not too bad for a 2+ year old phone with a relatively small battery.
    12-14-2015 11:28 AM
    If you have a Mac, you can install Coconut battery on it. Connect the iPhone to the Mac. Open Coconut battery and at the top, click on iOS device. Coconut battery will tell you how many cycles are on the battery, capacity left and current charge capacity.

All my iPhones are Jailbroken so I have a jailbreak mod installed called BattryLife. It tells me that after two years, my 5S has 270 cycles, capacity is at 87.68% which is about right. It still lasts me well over a day and I have no complaints.
    12-17-2015 09:12 AM
    If you have a Mac, you can install Coconut battery on it. Connect the iPhone to the Mac. Open Coconut battery and at the top, click on iOS device. Coconut battery will tell you how many cycles are on the battery, capacity left and current charge capacity.

All my iPhones are Jailbroken so I have a jailbreak mod installed called BattryLife. It tells me that after two years, my 5S has 270 cycles, capacity is at 87.68% which is about right. It still lasts me well over a day and I have no complaints.
    Is Coconut more accurate than iBackupBot? iBackupBot does the same thing, but it says my full charge capacity is 50 mAh higher than design capacity with 338 charge cycles on a 2+ year old battery.
    12-17-2015 09:29 AM
    Is Coconut more accurate than iBackupBot? iBackupBot does the same thing, but it says my full charge capacity is 50 mAh higher than design capacity with 338 charge cycles on a 2+ year old battery.
    I have no idea about iBackupBot. I just searched for it in the app store and it doesn't show as available.
    12-17-2015 09:35 AM
    my phone always dies when I load snapchat.
    12-24-2015 12:28 AM
    I don't really have an issue with standby time. Standby time is still really good. It's when I'm actually using the phone that it doesn't seem to last as long as it used to.

But I decided to go ahead and try out the battery saving mode. Never did before because I don't want a gimped phone, but it didn't seem to impact how I use my phone at all. I only drained the battery down to 67% before I charged it back to 100%, but I got a few minutes short of 2 hours of use (no music, actual screen on time) which should give me 5.5 to 6 hours of use. That's not too bad for a 2+ year old phone with a relatively small battery.
    If your phone is close to 2 years old, then that's most likely your biggest problem. The Test is to see how healthy your battery is. It doesn't really have anything to do with standby time. It's just part of the equation. You will need a new battery soon.
    12-24-2015 12:45 AM
    Well, according to iBackupBot, my battery is still in great shape. :P
    12-24-2015 09:46 AM