Is it worth buying iPhone 5s now?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I'm still using my 5s and it's still a contender in the smartphone front. Has the power to run the current software without a hitch

As for price it still commands a good resale value so there not that cheap

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I've just replaced my 5c with a 5s, it's a great device. I've tried the 6 and 6 Plus but the size of the 5 series of iPhones is perfect for me.

OverseerMG

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone 5 and 5S maybe old but don't count it out yet. There are still plenty of accessories that are made for it and it has been said that the build quality and sturdiness of the design is better than the newer iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone I am new to iMore.. I have been using windows phone since 3 years and wanna try IOS but I cant really afford to get iphone 6 or 6s devices so I was thinking if it will be worth to buy iphone 5s now.. so please tell me guys is it worth getting iphone 5s now?

Thank you.

Hey,

Definitely. I currently sport a 6 Plus (after a year with 5s); fast-forward 9 months of using it, I am beginning to miss the 4-inch form-factor (and I DO have large hands). On top of that, design-wise, the 5s is a beautiful piece of engineering; you cannot beat the weight/size ratio. When I review my photos shot with 5s, they seem to be very close, although details are somewhat more noticeable with the 6 Plus, that's for sure.

I would say, still a great value proposition. Also, if you plan on getting the Apple Watch, you'll get the benefit of Apple Pay (providing it's supported where you live).

I would say go for it; in the matter of fact, I am considering that myself.

Cheers!

WaveGod

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I do not have any experience with Windows Phone, but I switched from to an iPhone 5s this past week from a BlackBerry Q10 and a Nexus 4 before that and I am very happy with my decision. The phone is plenty quick and has been able to do everything I need it to minus a couple minor annoyances. Also, I like the size of the phone a lot more than I initially thought I would.

I3unny

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I am following your thread as I am also a Windows Phone user and 6s price seems to be too much for me at the moment. Did you buy 5s or 6?

I didnt but a friend of mine got 5s.. he moved from Lumia 730 to 5s and he is really very happy with it. I think its worth the buy to try out iphones. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner