I have not been able to tak any photos. My phone says that there is not enough storage. I erased about 20 photos and still have same message. Went to version store and they said I had no storage left in iCloud.
    10-26-2015 03:41 PM
  2. Rob Phillips said: Best Answer

Welcome to iMore! Increasing your iCloud storage is not going to give you more free space on your device. iCloud is meant as a backup of what is on your device not an online storage solution. There are a few things you can do that might help though:
    1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos. Make sure iCloud Photo Library is ON and make sure that "optimize iPhone storage" is checked.

2. Utilize a cloud storage service like Dropbox or OneDrive. I use both and both have automatic photo upload capabilities.
    I have not been able to tak any photos. My phone says that there is not enough storage. I erased about 20 photos and still have same message. Went to version store and they said I had no storage left in iCloud.
    in settings under icloud
    10-26-2015 06:04 PM
    Welcome to iMore! Increasing your iCloud storage is not going to give you more free space on your device. iCloud is meant as a backup of what is on your device not an online storage solution. There are a few things you can do that might help though:
    1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos. Make sure iCloud Photo Library is ON and make sure that "optimize iPhone storage" is checked.

2. Utilize a cloud storage service like Dropbox or OneDrive. I use both and both have automatic photo upload capabilities.
    10-26-2015 06:43 PM
    Get as much as you can off your phone, then try a new back up. You should have more iCloud storage now.
    10-26-2015 07:41 PM