But after six months of using an iPhone 6, I finally exchanged it for an iPhone 5s. Tried to get used to the size and looks of the 6, but I just couldn't do it. Also I heard the 5s and 6 are pretty similar in performance so that made me felt less bad about 'downgrading'.

Anyways, sorry for the useless post. I never owned a 5s before so I am excited about owning one now (absolutely love the design/form). Also it is my first time posting in iMore. Thanks!
    JanuarJaguar, maritai and Gold Max like this.
    10-06-2015 02:07 PM
    It's not a bad device. Personally, I didn't like the 5s but loved the 5c. Now the 6s feels more heavy, it's bit more of a comfortable feeling to me than the 6. Reminds me of the heft in the 5c. =)

Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-06-2015 02:45 PM
    It's not a bad device. Personally, I didn't like the 5s but loved the 5c. Now the 6s feels more heavy, it's bit more of a comfortable feeling to me than the 6. Reminds me of the heft in the 5c. =)

Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.
    I wish I could get used to the size so I could have gotten a 6s, but I just can't
    Hopefully Apple will bring back the 4" iPhones next year!

And thanks for the responses! The 5s subforum seems dead now but I guess that is expected with it being 2-years old and the 6s just being released.
    10-06-2015 07:48 PM
    I did the same thing. Downgraded from 6 to 5s and I am very happy with it. 4.7" is a nice size but I do not need it. I use the phone mainly for email, texting, phone, PIM (calendar/contact etc), banking and occasional browsing etc. No movie viewing or gaming etc.
    For that purpose (i.e., mainly for business communications), palm size mobile device is ideal. Hell, I still bring out the 4s and admire it.
    I thought I read rumour somewhere this spring that Apple have considered 3.5" phone with 5s or 6 internals (instead of 4" size). If they ever do that, I will jump on it.
    I have an iPad Mini though when needed.
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-06-2015 08:25 PM
    But after six months of using an iPhone 6, I finally exchanged it for an iPhone 5s. Tried to get used to the size and looks of the 6, but I just couldn't do it. Also I heard the 5s and 6 are pretty similar in performance so that made me felt less bad about 'downgrading'.

Anyways, sorry for the useless post. I never owned a 5s before so I am excited about owning one now (absolutely love the design/form). Also it is my first time posting in iMore. Thanks!
    There is nothing "crazy" about what you did. In fact, you simply did what was best for "you".
    greenfrog77 and sting7k like this.
    10-06-2015 08:35 PM
    It's all about the best fit for you. Personally I went with 6 Plus. While I admire the palmability of the smaller sizes, I essentially use my phone for everything. Also being a two handed typer, yeah the 6 Plus was the fit for me. As the idiom goes, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-07-2015 12:16 AM
    It's not crazy. Use whatever device works for you. That's all that matters. Enjoy your 5s!
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-07-2015 12:26 AM
    Welcome to iMore.
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-07-2015 01:32 AM
    I'm enjoying the size of the 5s. I mainly use my phone as a communication device; email, text, Twitter, calendar, tasks, etc. I can see how those that use theirs for entertainment such as movies and games would want a larger screen though.
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-07-2015 05:27 PM

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't let it go.

You pick what works for you. I happen to LOVE the design of the 5/5s. I actually loved the 4/4s design even more. I didn't care and still don't care for the design of the 6/6s. Aesthetically speaking.

So enjoy your device, and have tons of fun with it! And welcome to iMore. Glad you joined us.
    greenfrog77 likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:40 AM
    Yay you bought a two year old phone ...
    10-08-2015 09:43 AM
    It meets his needs. Why shouldn't he?
    10-08-2015 09:55 AM
    Yay you bought a two year old phone ...
    Not quite right....
    10-08-2015 10:13 AM
    Not quite right....
    Lives up to the name very eloquently.

I think the 5s is still a perfectly capable device. I have a Note 3 I'm still using for media purposes. If it fits your needs, that's all that really matters.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    10-08-2015 10:31 AM
    I will echo several other posters, if the phone works for you use it. I'm still on the 5s and am not unhappy with it but I am also looking forward to getting a 6s+ in November.
    10-08-2015 11:51 AM
    Really after 6 months of using an iPhone 6 you just weren't feeling it huh ?
    10-08-2015 03:41 PM
    YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't let it go.

You pick what works for you. I happen to LOVE the design of the 5/5s. I actually loved the 4/4s design even more. I didn't care and still don't care for the design of the 6/6s. Aesthetically speaking.

So enjoy your device, and have tons of fun with it! And welcome to iMore. Glad you joined us.
    I second your opinion! I don't really think the 6/6s devices are the most attractive iPhones that have been released....I loved the 4/4s myself. Thought those were the prettiest phones. Anyway whatever works for YOU!
    10-08-2015 04:11 PM
    Really after 6 months of using an iPhone 6 you just weren't feeling it huh ?
    Yes. Why is that such a bad thing? I happen to like the small size of the 5/5s which is why I made the switch. I personally don't like the 6 but I can tell you are a fan of it and that's okay too. No reason to look down upon users of older models but if that's what makes you sleep better...
    10-08-2015 04:37 PM
    Well... If I was you, I wouldn't make such decision, but seems like you like it, so hope you enjoy and love your new iPhone 5C!
    10-14-2015 02:43 AM
    Proud new iPhone 5s user here tho I'm a BlackBerry Passport user as well. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone
    10-14-2015 03:57 AM
    I far FAR prefer the look of the 5s over the look of the 6 but I need the bigger screen.
    10-14-2015 04:08 AM
    not only do I like the 4s, I'm still using one, I don't play games or watch films so it does all I want. When It won't work anymore I'll upgrade to whichever iphone looks like it has the most longevity and isn't the size of a dustbin lid.
    10-14-2015 11:27 AM
    Not crazy at all. In fact, I've had the 6+ for about 2 months now and have been on Swappa a couple days now looking for a good 5S. I miss it. Question...how's the 5S on iOS9? Specifically battery life...of course.
    10-16-2015 09:08 PM