I know people might call me crazy...

greenfrog77

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
But after six months of using an iPhone 6, I finally exchanged it for an iPhone 5s. Tried to get used to the size and looks of the 6, but I just couldn't do it. Also I heard the 5s and 6 are pretty similar in performance so that made me felt less bad about 'downgrading'.

Anyways, sorry for the useless post. I never owned a 5s before so I am excited about owning one now (absolutely love the design/form). Also it is my first time posting in iMore. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's not a bad device. Personally, I didn't like the 5s but loved the 5c. Now the 6s feels more heavy, it's bit more of a comfortable feeling to me than the 6. Reminds me of the heft in the 5c. =)

Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

greenfrog77

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It's not a bad device. Personally, I didn't like the 5s but loved the 5c. Now the 6s feels more heavy, it's bit more of a comfortable feeling to me than the 6. Reminds me of the heft in the 5c. =)

Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

I wish I could get used to the size so I could have gotten a 6s, but I just can't :(
Hopefully Apple will bring back the 4" iPhones next year!

And thanks for the responses! The 5s subforum seems dead now but I guess that is expected with it being 2-years old and the 6s just being released.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing. Downgraded from 6 to 5s and I am very happy with it. 4.7" is a nice size but I do not need it. I use the phone mainly for email, texting, phone, PIM (calendar/contact etc), banking and occasional browsing etc. No movie viewing or gaming etc.
For that purpose (i.e., mainly for business communications), palm size mobile device is ideal. Hell, I still bring out the 4s and admire it.
I thought I read rumour somewhere this spring that Apple have considered 3.5" phone with 5s or 6 internals (instead of 4" size). If they ever do that, I will jump on it.
I have an iPad Mini though when needed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But after six months of using an iPhone 6, I finally exchanged it for an iPhone 5s. Tried to get used to the size and looks of the 6, but I just couldn't do it. Also I heard the 5s and 6 are pretty similar in performance so that made me felt less bad about 'downgrading'.

Anyways, sorry for the useless post. I never owned a 5s before so I am excited about owning one now (absolutely love the design/form). Also it is my first time posting in iMore. Thanks!

There is nothing "crazy" about what you did. In fact, you simply did what was best for "you".

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It's all about the best fit for you. Personally I went with 6 Plus. While I admire the palmability of the smaller sizes, I essentially use my phone for everything. Also being a two handed typer, yeah the 6 Plus was the fit for me. As the idiom goes, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm enjoying the size of the 5s. I mainly use my phone as a communication device; email, text, Twitter, calendar, tasks, etc. I can see how those that use theirs for entertainment such as movies and games would want a larger screen though.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't let it go.

You pick what works for you. I happen to LOVE the design of the 5/5s. I actually loved the 4/4s design even more. I didn't care and still don't care for the design of the 6/6s. Aesthetically speaking.

So enjoy your device, and have tons of fun with it! And welcome to iMore. Glad you joined us.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I will echo several other posters, if the phone works for you use it. I'm still on the 5s and am not unhappy with it but I am also looking forward to getting a 6s+ in November.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, couldn't let it go.

You pick what works for you. I happen to LOVE the design of the 5/5s. I actually loved the 4/4s design even more. I didn't care and still don't care for the design of the 6/6s. Aesthetically speaking.

So enjoy your device, and have tons of fun with it! And welcome to iMore. Glad you joined us.

I second your opinion! I don't really think the 6/6s devices are the most attractive iPhones that have been released....I loved the 4/4s myself. Thought those were the prettiest phones. Anyway whatever works for YOU! :)

greenfrog77

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Really after 6 months of using an iPhone 6 you just weren't feeling it huh ??

Yes. Why is that such a bad thing? I happen to like the small size of the 5/5s which is why I made the switch. I personally don't like the 6 but I can tell you are a fan of it and that's okay too. No reason to look down upon users of older models but if that's what makes you sleep better...

Gold Max

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Well... If I was you, I wouldn't make such decision, but seems like you like it, so hope you enjoy and love your new iPhone 5C!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77