Hello, my home button has been having response issues recently and today it stopped working altogether. I also have been getting the "this accessory is not an apple supported devices when nothing is connected. Does this sound like a home button only issue or could this be a combo of things? Also we had the screen replaced less than 30 days ago, but of course they aren't helping with this at all.
    09-11-2015 10:24 AM
    Hello, my home button has been having response issues recently and today it stopped working altogether. I also have been getting the "this accessory is not an apple supported devices when nothing is connected. Does this sound like a home button only issue or could this be a combo of things? Also we had the screen replaced less than 30 days ago, but of course they aren't helping with this at all.
    There have been some power button issues reported but I'm not aware of there being a home button issue. My suggestion would be to take it to an Apple store or an Apple authorised repair centre.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-11-2015 10:53 AM
    Welcome to iMore. As stated above, I also suggest making a Genius Bar appointment at a Apple store. Post often and ...ENJOY
    09-11-2015 11:00 AM
    The home button is connected thru the data port internally.
    But what it sounds like to me is you have liquid damage ( soda, beer, tea) something like that is affecting both.
    The lack of response from y our home button is probably due to particulate matter, dust or something from liquids dried up inside the home button, This will also cause the data port to think something is plugged in when its not.
    IF this is the case apple will charge for it. If you have apple care use it. IF not find a service center who can replace the data port and clean the home button.
    09-11-2015 04:38 PM