I have a iphone 5s that has given me fits. I have had two 4 phones previous--great product. The 5s has been nothing but problems. I spent 3 trips to the Boulder, Colorado Genius Bar with no results.

I have also talked with iphone support. They seem to spend more time hiding in the back from customers. Finally, I decided to buy a Samsung. I need a reliable phone.
    09-01-2015 02:53 PM
    Was there a question here or just venting? Either way nobody will blame you either way as no phone ALWAYS works for ALL people and sorry to hear about this. Wish you had let us know what issues you had as you would be surprised at some answers to help with your problems. I am on my 4th iPhone this being the new 6 and coming from a 5s that gave me no issues other than very minor. Best of luck to you with the Samsung - Visit Android Central, One of our sister sites and you are welcome here no matter what you own.
    09-01-2015 03:06 PM
    I have a iphone 5s that has given me fits. I have had two 4 phones previous--great product. The 5s has been nothing but problems. I spent 3 trips to the Boulder, Colorado Genius Bar with no results.

I have also talked with iphone support. They seem to spend more time hiding in the back from customers. Finally, I decided to buy a Samsung. I need a reliable phone.
    Did you have a question? Or did you just want to rant?
    09-01-2015 03:06 PM
    Both. I want to sell this one but I would feel uncomfortable dumping it on anyone. Is there a place that I can have it gone through?

I am curious about apple support. I paid more for this than a new full-fledged computer. HP, who I buy from, is always there.

I started ranting when I got lip service from all the apple people I contacted. When in a "Genius Bar" the woman next to me said, "You are just too nice to them."
    09-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Sorry to hear about the issues with your iPhone 5s. I've never had any problems with my iPhones. Good luck to you with whatever device you use.
    09-01-2015 03:15 PM
    I had zero problems with my iphone 4 phones. I kept them with me while building commercial buildings. They were incredibly reliable. With this one, I kept using it less and less because the phone was so unreliable. The web was so slow that I would often shut it down. I have kept up the software upgrades and visited the web regularly to try to figure this one out. Why didn't someone just say, "We will trade you for a new one?"
    09-01-2015 03:19 PM
    After purchasing 5 apple computers and seven iphones in our family I believe I deserve more than the token responses I got on this forum.
    09-01-2015 03:28 PM
    After purchasing 5 apple computers and seven iphones in our family I believe I deserve more than the token responses I got on this forum.
    I'm not sure what your purchases have to do with the responses you've received on the forums.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-01-2015 03:32 PM
    Just pass this on to someone in apple that cares.
    09-01-2015 03:35 PM
    Just pass this on to someone in apple that cares.
    You do understand that this forum is independent of Apple, right? As I said before I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with your 5s. I wish we had known what the problems were maybe someone here could have offered you some helpful advice.
    09-01-2015 03:39 PM

Did you have Applecare on your phone? Even if you did not, I would have been a little more insistent about having a problem phone replaced. Not rude or arrogant, but insistent & persistent with the Genius. If that did not warrant a proper response, then I would have asked to speak to a Manager. Nobody should have to deal with a problem phone to the point that they have to consider their initial decision of buying that phone.

I have been fortunate enough to never have a bad iPhone.

What response are you looking for?
    09-01-2015 03:46 PM
    I do understand this and I should have contacted you when the issues popped. I thought I was in good hands with Apple support. I hope that you do an article or something on how to get good service from Apple.
    09-01-2015 03:55 PM
    You wanted an argument and no one took the bait. Maybe you simply got a lemon. Even Samsung has those. Did you ever restore that 5s as new?
    09-01-2015 03:56 PM
    I do think it was a lemon. I have restored it, apple I genius have restored it. I have kept up with every software addition. I really feel like I have given it the best shot. It even dropped calls and caused problem while I was at the Genius Bar. I have googled my problems many times and tried many proposed solutions. In business and personally, whether it is our self-run network or all the connected pc computers, I have installed and maintained these. From my first Novell network to the many windows versions and apple versions, I have worked through problems myself. Until our business grew too much, I was the "IT Guy".
    09-01-2015 04:25 PM
    I do think it was a lemon. I have restored it, apple I genius have restored it. I have kept up with every software addition. I really feel like I have given it the best shot. It even dropped calls and caused problem while I was at the Genius Bar. I have googled my problems many times and tried many proposed solutions. In business and personally, whether it is our self-run network or all the connected pc computers, I have installed and maintained these. From my first Novell network to the many windows versions and apple versions, I have worked through problems myself. Until our business grew too much, I was the "IT Guy".
    Everyone I know who used/uses a 5s loved/loves it and have never had a problem like that. But why go to another platform? They have bushels of lemons.
    09-01-2015 05:31 PM
    It's awful that you had to deal with this. I would insist that I get a replacement device from Apple. My 5s has been perfect.
    09-01-2015 05:37 PM
    Sorry I don't believe the OP.

1. Apple would have replaced the phone during the first year.

2. Apple would have replaced the phone within the second year with Apple Care Plus.

3. If you didn't get Apple Care Plus you should have. Be smart and protect yourself beyond the limited warranty. It cost money but so does bread and cheese.

4. I don't believe the Apple Store employees have been rude to you for over a year.

5. This forum is not part of Apple Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 07:33 PM
    Sorry I don't believe the OP.

1. Apple would have replaced the phone during the first year.

2. Apple would have replaced the phone within the second year with Apple Care Plus.

3. If you didn't get Apple Care Plus you should have. Be smart and protect yourself beyond the limited warranty. It cost money but so does bread and cheese.

4. I don't believe the Apple Store employees have been rude to you for over a year.

5. This forum is not part of Apple Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

I call COWsh*t!

Because his/her post doesn't even rise to the level of BULLsh*T.

Apple has glady replaced every faulty product I have EVER had. In fact they replace my 4S twice. Once out of warranty when they realized it was a software issue.

Dudes be trollin'!

Trollin', trollin' trollin' along...
    09-01-2015 08:22 PM
    They seem to spend more time hiding
    Must be that cheap cologne...
    09-01-2015 08:24 PM

Good for you, and I'm glad you found the phone that works best for 'you'. Enjoy it.
    09-01-2015 08:50 PM
    Any legitimacy you may have had just went out the window with the above remark. You posted here to say that the iPhone 5S was giving you fits for several years and now you've purchased a Samsung device because you needed a reliable phone. There is nothing left for anyone to say. We assume you are now happy with your new Samsung device. Therefore, for you to claim you deserve more than the 'token responses' you've received thus far tells me that you were looking for fanboy replies. Well, this is iMore where we try to tell it like it is. Period.
    09-01-2015 08:58 PM
    What are your specific problems that you have been unable to eliminate. I can appreciate a good venting form time to time but accomplishes little if you are looking for assistance of any kind.

I must say have two 5s phones and been very happy with them for quite a while.

George in NY
    09-02-2015 09:07 AM
    I never had any issues with the 5s. I recently just upgraded to the 6 and I had the most difficult time trading it in at the store because it was reliable a phone unlike the Android phones I had in the past and I didn't want to part ways with it. The only reason why I upgraded was because the memory was insufficient (Went from 16 to 64 GB).
    09-02-2015 12:53 PM
    My iPhone 5s has given me NO problems since I got in on release day two years ago.

It has been great. Your behavior on this forum has not.
    09-02-2015 05:51 PM
    I do understand this and I should have contacted you when the issues popped. I thought I was in good hands with Apple support. I hope that you do an article or something on how to get good service from Apple.
    The best way to get good service from Apple actually has 2 options. Both will work great.

Option #1------ Walk into an Apple store.

Option #2------ Call Apple support on the phone.

It is obvious that you have done neither. Just trolling.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:37 PM
36 12