iPhone 5S - Battery problem?

I

iMore Question

Hi!

I have a question about my battery life and health on an iPhone 5S.

iPhone have almost 2 years.

Capacity is at 86% with 702 load cycles.

(data retrieved by "coconutBattery")

The problem is:

With 12 hours in stand by and about 1 hour of use (on a wifi network, app store, browsing and a little of Twitter and Instagram with 2 or 3 calls with no more than 5 minutes) the battery drain from 100% of charge to some value between 20-30%...

There are any test that i can do the check the health status or it's time to change the battery?

Best Regards,

Carlos

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi!

I have a question about my battery life and health on an iPhone 5S.

iPhone have almost 2 years.

Capacity is at 86% with 702 load cycles.

(data retrieved by "coconutBattery")

The problem is:

With 12 hours in stand by and about 1 hour of use (on a wifi network, app store, browsing and a little of Twitter and Instagram with 2 or 3 calls with no more than 5 minutes) the battery drain from 100% of charge to some value between 20-30%...

There are any test that i can do the check the health status or it's time to change the battery?

Best Regards,

Carlos

Carlos,

You can go to settings > general > usage > and look at the Apps that are eating up your battery.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The check status of the battery that you can do is already done by coconut battery. Those results suggest that you can still use the battery till it heat 1000cycles, or 80% of capacity.
Now regarding your usage stats, it depends on a lot and a lot of factors as wifi usage, Twitter, phone calls do not define the condition of the battery, even if it's brand new battery, those activities only would not define how good or bad the battery is.
Brightness could be at 70%? Locations services could be turned on? Fetch mail is on? Spotlight is on? Background app refresh is on? Is your gsm signals full 24/24h? Is Bluetooth on? While browsing, are you doing videos that out put audio? Is videos or browsing real faster? And the list goes on...
The best way to check about how your battery is holding on is to put it in 2g only (3G/wifi are off) after a full charge, and let it be in stand by mode until it completely drain out, compare that amount of time is used to deplete with the time advertise by apple in regards to that series of iPhone you have. If it get closer to 250 then your battery is good, as apple advertise 250h of stand by mode in 2G or 3G, but apple doesn't mention if you will have 250h of stand by while location service is on, fetch mail is on etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csoyen

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm sorry I think that have an login to publish my question, anyway I am the question author.

I understand that I don't give precise information, so I will give one simple example.

With battery at 75% put the iPhone in airplane mode and go to sleep. After 5 hours take the phone to see what time it is and in 5 hours at airplane mode the battery drain from 75% to something around 35%.

No "open" apps.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm sorry I think that have an login to publish my question, anyway I am the question author.

I understand that I don't give precise information, so I will give one simple example.

With battery at 75% put the iPhone in airplane mode and go to sleep. After 5 hours take the phone to see what time it is and in 5 hours at airplane mode the battery drain from 75% to something around 35%.

No "open" apps.

That's not a good battery behavior. It's obvious that it's time to consider replacing the battery if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro