Hi!!

I have selected this, in Google Photos:

But, when I go to my built-in photo app, Google photos are not showing..
    Anyone else experiencing that?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EvilKittyCupcake; 08-01-2015 at 05:53 PM.
    07-30-2015 02:00 PM
    [INFO]To protect yourself from unwanted SPAM, Please be sure to edit out or blur your personal information that's visible in your uploaded photos. [/INFO]
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    07-30-2015 05:44 PM
    You have to individually save photos to the built in photo app in order to have them show in the app. Otherwise they'll stay in Google Photos
    07-30-2015 09:56 PM
    You have to individually save photos to the built in photo app in order to have them show in the app. Otherwise they'll stay in Google Photos
    I have them all in Google Photos. They automatically get uploaded there. But even with that option on, I do not see them in my Photos library..

08-01-2015 05:23 PM
    [INFO]To protect yourself from unwanted SPAM, Please be sure to edit out or blur your personal information that's visible in your uploaded photos. [/INFO]
    Edited, thanks for pointing this out =)

Last edited by EvilKittyCupcake; 08-01-2015 at 05:54 PM.
    08-01-2015 05:23 PM
    It is no option, it is an action you have to undertake
    08-01-2015 05:24 PM
    It is no option, it is an action you have to undertake
    So the optional thing that I activated is not an option?
    I am not following you, sorry :S

08-01-2015 05:55 PM
    Edited, thanks for pointing this out =)

You're very welcome...
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-01-2015 06:05 PM
    I think I got it. Now, if I delete a photo in my Camera Roll, it deletes it from Google Drive and vice-versa. But it is still showing in General => About => Photos.
    Taking place? I have no idea. I will have to investigate this further.

08-01-2015 06:09 PM
    I think I got it. Now, if I delete a photo in my Camera Roll, it deletes it from Google Drive and vice-versa. But it is still showing in General => About => Photos.
    Taking place? I have no idea. I will have to investigate this further.

It's confusing to me too. I try to keep it as simple as possible.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-01-2015 07:24 PM
    It's confusing to me too. I try to keep it as simple as possible.
    Yeah I wanted to free up some space, but I guess I will forget that =P

08-01-2015 09:55 PM
    Yeah I wanted to free up some space, but I guess I will forget that =P

I have Google Photos, but I was only checking it out. I mostly use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos and videos. If I run out of free space, I'll go to Google Photos. I don't understand the relationship between Google Photos and Google Drive. Seems those photos uploaded to Google Photos can also go in Google Drive. But I don't see the point.
    08-01-2015 10:19 PM
    Sorry if I was unclear before.
    I was talking with experience about other apps like DropBox Carousel and OneDrive.

If you have photos in those apps, you have to hit the share button to locally save the image to the camera roll of the phone. I was assuming Google Photos did the same.
    08-02-2015 12:29 AM
    I have Google Photos, but I was only checking it out. I mostly use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos and videos. If I run out of free space, I'll go to Google Photos. I don't understand the relationship between Google Photos and Google Drive. Seems those photos uploaded to Google Photos can also go in Google Drive. But I don't see the point.
    I think Google Drive is Google's storage service, where Google Photos, Docs and such go.

I was talking with experience about other apps like DropBox Carousel and OneDrive.

If you have photos in those apps, you have to hit the share button to locally save the image to the camera roll of the phone. I was assuming Google Photos did the same.
    But with the Google Photos option to "show them in the Photos app", like they offered to in their app, I should not have to do that :S
    But that is what I do anyway, since it apparently does not work otherwise =P

Tartarus likes this.
    08-02-2015 09:00 AM
    I think Google Drive is Google's storage service, where Google Photos, Docs and such go.

But with the Google Photos option to "show them in the Photos app", like they offered to in their app, I should not have to do that :S
    But that is what I do anyway, since it apparently does not work otherwise =P

Is Google Photos not a storage app for photos? What's the difference?
    08-02-2015 11:10 PM

Google Photos does have a share arrow and can save photos to the camera roll.
    08-02-2015 11:11 PM
    Is Google Photos not a storage app for photos? What's the difference?
    Google Photos does not take place on the device =P

08-02-2015 11:12 PM
    Google Photos does not take place on the device =P

Neither do Google Drive, Box or Dropbox. They're cloud based.
    08-03-2015 12:17 AM
    Neither do Google Drive, Box or Dropbox. They're cloud based.
    Yep! But Google Drive photos are supposed to show up in the Camera Roll, to quickly be reachable and without taking up space.

08-03-2015 06:18 AM
    Yep! But Google Drive photos are supposed to show up in the Camera Roll, to quickly be reachable and without taking up space.

I never heard that. I thought it was like Dropbox. Most of mine are in Box. It's as easy to view them as the camera roll. I have them organized in folders, subfolders and sub sub folders. LOL I've never heard of Google Drive photos showing in the camera roll and not taking space. Where is that info?
    It has a "Make available offline" feature. But so does Box.
    Google Photos-imageuploadedbytapatalk1438623554.408358.jpg
    08-03-2015 01:33 PM
    I hope that Apple will enhance the iCloud to be able to compete with Google photos. As a free service that is.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-03-2015 03:34 PM
    I never heard that. I thought it was like Dropbox. Most of mine are in Box. It's as easy to view them as the camera roll. I have them organized in folders, subfolders and sub sub folders. LOL I've never heard of Google Drive photos showing in the camera roll and not taking space. Where is that info?
    It has a "Make available offline" feature. But so does Box.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438623554.408358.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	86632
    They apparently are accessible from the Photos library, but they are still in Google Drive, from what I have heard.
    But even if they do, I do not mind haha!
    I have still have not figured out how to make them show in my Photos library XD

08-03-2015 09:11 PM
    They apparently are accessible from the Photos library, but they are still in Google Drive, from what I have heard.
    But even if they do, I do not mind haha!

I don't do iCloud Photo Library. It's just my camera roll, Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I still have Google Photos and Google Drive is in my purchased list. I'll worry about that later.
    08-03-2015 09:47 PM

That's not an option. You can't have them show in your photo library
    08-04-2015 03:02 AM
    That's not an option. You can't have them show in your photo library
    Oh.. I guess I misunderstood what Google Photos shown about the Photos library, then.
    I mean, I could tick that setting so I thought it was doing what it said it was XD

08-04-2015 06:47 AM
26 12