Google Photos

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!!

I have selected this, in Google Photos:
489d8db886c26596f0419c31514f508f.jpg

But, when I go to my built-in photo app, Google photos are not showing..
Anyone else experiencing that?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]To protect yourself from unwanted SPAM, Please be sure to edit out or blur your personal information that's visible in your uploaded photos. [/INFO]

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to individually save photos to the built in photo app in order to have them show in the app. Otherwise they'll stay in Google Photos

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
You have to individually save photos to the built in photo app in order to have them show in the app. Otherwise they'll stay in Google Photos

I have them all in Google Photos. They automatically get uploaded there. But even with that option on, I do not see them in my Photos library..

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

I think I got it. Now, if I delete a photo in my Camera Roll, it deletes it from Google Drive and vice-versa. But it is still showing in General => About => Photos.
Taking place? I have no idea. I will have to investigate this further.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I got it. Now, if I delete a photo in my Camera Roll, it deletes it from Google Drive and vice-versa. But it is still showing in General => About => Photos.
Taking place? I have no idea. I will have to investigate this further.

It's confusing to me too. I try to keep it as simple as possible. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I wanted to free up some space, but I guess I will forget that =P

I have Google Photos, but I was only checking it out. I mostly use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos and videos. If I run out of free space, I'll go to Google Photos. I don't understand the relationship between Google Photos and Google Drive. Seems those photos uploaded to Google Photos can also go in Google Drive. But I don't see the point.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if I was unclear before.
I was talking with experience about other apps like DropBox Carousel and OneDrive.

If you have photos in those apps, you have to hit the share button to locally save the image to the camera roll of the phone. I was assuming Google Photos did the same.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have Google Photos, but I was only checking it out. I mostly use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive for photos and videos. If I run out of free space, I'll go to Google Photos. I don't understand the relationship between Google Photos and Google Drive. Seems those photos uploaded to Google Photos can also go in Google Drive. But I don't see the point.

I think Google Drive is Google's storage service, where Google Photos, Docs and such go.

I was talking with experience about other apps like DropBox Carousel and OneDrive.

If you have photos in those apps, you have to hit the share button to locally save the image to the camera roll of the phone. I was assuming Google Photos did the same.

But with the Google Photos option to "show them in the Photos app", like they offered to in their app, I should not have to do that :S
But that is what I do anyway, since it apparently does not work otherwise =P

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think Google Drive is Google's storage service, where Google Photos, Docs and such go.

But with the Google Photos option to "show them in the Photos app", like they offered to in their app, I should not have to do that :S
But that is what I do anyway, since it apparently does not work otherwise =P

Is Google Photos not a storage app for photos? What's the difference?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Google Photos does have a share arrow and can save photos to the camera roll.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep! But Google Drive photos are supposed to show up in the Camera Roll, to quickly be reachable and without taking up space.

I never heard that. I thought it was like Dropbox. Most of mine are in Box. It's as easy to view them as the camera roll. I have them organized in folders, subfolders and sub sub folders. LOL I've never heard of Google Drive photos showing in the camera roll and not taking space. Where is that info?
It has a "Make available offline" feature. But so does Box.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438623554.408358.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods