Sign in screen on my iPhone 5s has made it almost unusable, how can I fix it?

I

iMore Question

Sign in screen on my Iphone 5s has made it almost unusable

I have an Icloud account that is linked to a email address ( user id ) that I changed a year ago because
of unwanted spam. The problem is on my Iphone and my new mac mini I keep getting the Icloud
log in screen and it is so persistent on my Iphone you can hardly use it. I do not remember the password to that account so I cannot go in to settings and sign out and delete from my phone so I can turn off find my phone FIND MY PHONE. I there a way wipe it clean and start over without having to enter a password ?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sign in screen on my Iphone 5s has made it almost unusable

I have an Icloud account that is linked to a email address ( user id ) that I changed a year ago because
of unwanted spam. The problem is on my Iphone and my new mac mini I keep getting the Icloud
log in screen and it is so persistent on my Iphone you can hardly use it. I do not remember the password to that account so I cannot go in to settings and sign out and delete from my phone so I can turn off find my phone FIND MY PHONE. I there a way wipe it clean and start over without having to enter a password ?

If your phone is logged into an iCloud account, you cannot remove it, wipe the phone or otherwise clear the login screen without the password. It's part of the activation lock that Apple implemented with iOS 7.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Wipe the iPhone? Yes you can do that, but while reinstalling the system, but the time installation configuration will reach 98%, apple will ask you for the previously "find my phone" user name and password. Until you will enter those credentials, your iPhone will be as good as a brick.
I may be wrong but your story actually seems not straight.
Say your email is user@gmail.com and the password is user123, your iCloud credentials can have the user name user@gmail.com but will not have that password user123. Instead it will be another password dedicated to iCloud only.
This said, you can change your non iCloud email account password without affecting your iCloud account password (does that make sense?)
You may forget your email password, but you didn't forget the password you've used on your iCloud because you didn't change that iCloud password. So just type in your iCloud or iTunes, or apps store password that is related to your email address and it should work.
I have a hotmail account with its own password. I use my hotmail ID for my iTunes, iCloud, apps store accounts but with another password different from the one I use for hotmail. Should I have any issue with my hotmail account password, my iCloud, iTunes, apps store will not really be affected.
Unless my drive mail account is iCloud.com which I use for my iTunes, iCloud, apps store, if I change the password of that iCloud mail account then it populate the password changes in the other iTunes, iCloud, apps store services as well. In that case, that pop up notification will appear asking me to enter password. And if you don't know what it is, then go to Apple Store with the iPhone ownership receipt in order to have it reset and unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Did you change your credentials on Facetime and iMessage? Maybe that's why you're getting the pop up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711