Is a 5s worth it to YOU today? Why or why not?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your thread title and your post are asking two totally different questions...

Is it worth it for someone who needs a smaller phone given the competition and price? Absolutely...the 5S is still a very competent phone, has a nice form factor and has many of the features that make the iPhone stand out amongst even newer devices (touch ID, nice camera, awesome screen quality, weight/size).

I'd say it's probably a good buy for the next year, and then you'll start seeing certain things omitted from firmware updates because the internal horsepower just can't keep up anywhere...these devices usually have about a solid 3 year "relevant" shelf life, then the features they add in new OS versions out pace the device's abilities, and you start getting feature omissions during updates.

Is the 5S worth it to ME? Not at all...I'd rather spend the extra money and have the newest device possible, and I don't have a need for that small profile anymore (though I do still like the design better myself vs. the rounded edge phones with the new variants). I personally wouldn't be satisfied knowing I had a phone that was lacking in areas vs. newer iPhones.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I am considering jumping back to the 5s; I spend so much time on my phone that the battery life of the 6+ isn't that much different.

Just my view

You're saying the battery life of a 5S is comparable to a 6 Plus? Not even close for me. I have both and have to charge my 5 at least once a day throughout the day. Not so with my 6 Plus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
For me yes, because I essentially work from my device.
With my previous 5s by 1pm I would be around 45%
With the 6+ at the same time I am at 50% .... More or less the same for me.

Emails, social media, messaging, calls

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If I don't charge, by 3pm I'm at 26%...
Which I've wondered initially if this is a lemon.... But I've just learned to deal with it
Hence my consideration to return to a smaller form factor

SCORPIO1982

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I use my phone every day and it is very worth the money I spent on getting this phone I would recommend this phone to anyone that is new to iphones or wants a small iphone that they can stick in their pocket and not worry about it getting bent or broke.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods