How do I move photos to PC.. or Icloud???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have an iCloud account set up, your photos on your phone are backed up with everything else if it's enabled in Settings. If you're talking about iCloud Photo Library, you have to turn iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library on. Then it syncs. I don't use iCloud Photo Library. I prefer cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive for storage.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
If you have an iCloud account set up, your photos on your phone are backed up with everything else if it's enabled in Settings. If you're talking about iCloud Photo Library, you have to turn iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library on. Then it syncs. I don't use iCloud Photo Library. I prefer cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive for storage.

Great, I will do that, thanks!
Once they are backed up in iCloud, how do I access them?
Like to put them on my PC?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Great, I will do that, thanks!
Once they are backed up in iCloud, how do I access them?
Like to put them on my PC?

If it's just a back up, you don't access them in iCloud. They are still on the camera roll. So if your phone fell in the river, you could get another iPhone, log in to iCloud and your photos, calendar, notes and etc would be there. If you want to store photos off your camera roll, then it's either iCloud Photo Library or use 3rd party apps as stated above. Back up and storage are 2 different things.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Using iCloud Photo Library uses your free 5 gb of storage. It's why I choose not to use it. I would need to buy more storage space. I'm a tightwad with money.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
If it's just a back up, you don't access them in iCloud. They are still on the camera roll. So if your phone fell in the river, you could get another iPhone, log in to iCloud and your photos, calendar, notes and etc would be there. If you want to store photos off your camera roll, then it's either iCloud Photo Library or use 3rd party apps as stated above. Back up and storage are 2 different things.

Thanks a bunch for that!
I will use Dropbox, then =)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a bunch for that!
I will use Dropbox, then =)

You only get 2 gb free with Dropbox. 10 gb with Box. 30 gb with OneDrive. I use AL 3 plus there's Google Photos. Dropbox is a good place to start. Be sure you have iCloud back up enabled. It should back up when your phone is locked and plugged in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen