My iPhone 5s will not boot, fails to restore/flash software. Fix?

May 10, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 5s will not boot, fails to restore/flash software. Fix?

My iPhone 5s 32GB Gold had issues with connecting to the 4G and was constantly searching for the network. I tried an iOS update to solve it as suggested by apple support but it failed mid-update. The device is stuck in the 'connect to iTunes' state. I tried using my mac to install iOS using iTunes but that hasn't worked either. Every time I attempt the install it fails (i have tried both restore and update). I have since purchased a 6+ but am wondering if there is some way to get this device functional, even as an iPod touch (no 4G) as I suspect the cellular modem is dead.

Any help would be appreciated. I have logs from iTunes (attempted) updates as well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5s will not boot, fails to restore/flash software. Fix?

My iPhone 5s 32GB Gold had issues with connecting to the 4G and was constantly searching for the network. I tried an iOS update to solve it as suggested by apple support but it failed mid-update. The device is stuck in the 'connect to iTunes' state. I tried using my mac to install iOS using iTunes but that hasn't worked either. Every time I attempt the install it fails (i have tried both restore and update). I have since purchased a 6+ but am wondering if there is some way to get this device functional, even as an iPod touch (no 4G) as I suspect the cellular modem is dead.

Any help would be appreciated. I have logs from iTunes (attempted) updates as well.

Are you using the latest version of iTunes?

Follow this to resolve the boot loop it's stuck in...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

...if that doesn't work (and you've tried it a few times, and have switched USB inputs to rule that out as well), then your phone probably needs service and you'd need to go talk to the genius bar about it (I wouldn't be surprised by this given your previous issue with the cellular connectivity).

Good luck with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2