I've been having some weird issues lately with my iPhone battery life. This isn't just the battery draining..while on the charger, it charges normally with no problem.

However, as soon as I take it off the charger, the battery life plummets sometimes from 40% down to 15%, 30% down to 6%, etc. and doens't go back to what it was (40% or 30%) until i put it back on the charger. I have no idea why this is happening. I've tried nearly every trick and tip in the book to save battery life and charging the iPhone, but I have not seen or read anything to resolve this particular problem. Does anyone have this problem? Or know how to correct it?? It happens almost every other night. Very strange.

If someone could help me figure out what's going on or how to correct this, I would greatly appreciate it!!
    04-22-2015 12:35 PM
  2. kch50428 said: Best Answer

If you have AppleCare+ on the device that's still in effect - an Apple GeniusBar visit is in order.
    If you have AppleCare+ on the device that's still in effect - an Apple GeniusBar visit is in order.
    04-22-2015 01:06 PM
    It is showing signs that the battery needs to be replaced. My iPhone 4x and many others with other iPhones have complained about the same thing. Or that it shuts down at 20%. Things like that. You plug it in and it shows one % and you unplug and it shows another %.

If we reload iOS it may fix it but your battery life won't be the same.

If it was mine, and I just bought a 5s 2 days ago, when it starts doing that I'll bring it in for a new battery and reset/erase the phone.

You can always let it shut down. Plug it in. If it shows say 25% unplug it again. Use it. Let it shut down again on its own. Keep doing this until the phone can't function without being plugged in. So you know it is all drained. And then charge it to 100%. I guess you can also reset iOS. Set up as new device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-23-2015 04:18 AM
    I brought a second hand iPhone 5s from a famous chain second hand store in January 2015 and it have the same problem , I took it to Apple Store and they run a diagnose and it show the battery have problem , I replace the battery and things is sort now

android phone would have the same problem too

1 of the main reason this happen is because you use third party charger ( non original apple charger ) , it will damage your battery

ALWAYS USE ORIGINAL APPLE CHAGER AND APPLE CHARGING PLUG AND WIRE
    04-26-2015 08:13 PM
    Sounds like a bad battery or it needs iOS completely restored on it
    04-26-2015 08:16 PM