I have had my 5s for just over a year and I have noticed some weird battery issues. When it gets down to around 12% it can then jump to 7% within a minute or two and then jump to 1% within a further minute or two.

Now when I go to bed the battery can be 70-80% and it has used it all in the night. Usually it only uses around 5-10% during the night. Nothing has changed with the usage of the phone. I have done a reset and dfu restore a couple of times and tried it as a clean phone and it still drains the hell out of the battery.

I have an appointment with the nearest store on Wednesday, do you think they will do anything as it is out of warranty?
    03-23-2015 07:08 AM
    Maybe. Maybe not. Still, Apple is excellent at satisfying its customers. Let us know how the appointment turned out for you, if you don't mind.
    03-23-2015 08:50 AM
    You did the right thing setting up an appointment.

Usually letting your device drain until it shuts down and then letting it charge uninterrupted to 100% fixes a lot of the percentage variations
    03-23-2015 08:51 AM
    Well, it was my first experience with the Genius Bar and all I can say is they are brilliant. She did a few diagnostic checks on my phone and saw the battery drain issue. I was down to 50% when she started to have a look at it and that was with 40 minutes usage and 2 hours standby.

She immediately replaced it free of charge. She did make it known that it was not a guarantee replacement but a consumer rights replacement.

So after she had sorted the replacement I went and bought the 6 and gave the wife the new 5s! What brilliant customer service. They are definitely one of the best companies I have used.
    Just_Me_D and ctl904 like this.
    03-26-2015 06:14 AM
    Well, it was my first experience with the Genius Bar and all I can say is they are brilliant. She did a few diagnostic checks on my phone and saw the battery drain issue. I was down to 50% when she started to have a look at it and that was with 40 minutes usage and 2 hours standby.

She immediately replaced it free of charge. She did make it known that it was not a guarantee replacement but a consumer rights replacement.

So after she had sorted the replacement I went and bought the 6 and gave the wife the new 5s! What brilliant customer service. They are definitely one of the best companies I have used.
    Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you had a positive experience at the Apple Store.
    03-26-2015 12:30 PM

Hearing stories like this solidify for me that my laptop upgrade really does need to be a MacBook. Thank you for sharing this experience.
    03-26-2015 04:44 PM
    Did she replace the battery or you got a new phone?
    04-19-2015 04:39 PM
    yes me too.. I've encountered the same issue with my battery right now. I don't know what to do but the good thing is, I've read your post. I'm planning to do exactly what you did. I hope I had the same positive result like yours.
    04-21-2015 01:59 AM
    I hope that the 5S I am picking up tonight doesn't expierence any of these types of issues.
    05-07-2015 04:08 PM