Battery life

superior07

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys i just want to know if how long does your ip5s last in a daily basis? Mine only last for about 4-5hrs(im charging it at 20%) i also use wifi most of the time esp if im at home.

heyyitsmesusan

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Back when I had my 5S I started encountering that same issue.. I would have to plug it in every 2-3 hours. I'm starting to wonder if the 5S's have the same battery issue that the 5 did.

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to tell exactly because usage time under battery because iOS isn't as detailed as on-screen time with android. I would say at work in my building using only cellular data I would estimate I get 2 hrs of screen on time. This is about 5-10 mins an hour and about 30-40 mins at lunch. At home on wifi I probably get 4hrs of screen on time.

While at work I am streaming ESPN radio from 930-11 which I am sure takes a toll since I am on cell service in a dense building.

I am very underwhelmed by this battery though. I have to keep a mophie juice pack air case on it to make sure I can make it through the day. This is one reason I am thinking about switching to a different phone.

Last edited:

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised your battery life is so short. I have had my 5s since a month after release and I still get at day and a half and I feel I get lots of use. It sounds like you could have at least one rogue app running in the background that is draining your battery. A common example would be a social media app such as Facebook or Twitter. Whenever I'm not using an app I close it. There are plenty of articles that suggest ways for you to maximize your battery life by making some simple changes in settings. Gps tracking apps when you don't use them and constant notifications are the biggest offenders as well in addition to being connected to a weak wifi or network connection.

Here are 34 ways:

http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/how-to-improve-your-iphone-ipad-battery-life-ios-8/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Also, go to Settings / General / Usage / Battery Usage to see which apps have been the greatest drain on your device over the past 24 hrs or week. Keep in mind that the apps must add up to 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it's high time Apple to introduce a bulk version with a bigger battery of the iPhone along with the slim version.

So customers can choose which one they prefer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2