Hi there -- long time lurker. Figured I'd post and see if I could get any feedback from anyone in a similar position.

I hadto have the 6 when it came out. I pre-ordered and got it. And I won't say I was underwhelmed, but it definitely was like my 5s...only bigger. I currently pay for Jump! on TMobile and was grandfathered into the 'every 6 months you get to Jump!' thing. So it's time for me to Jump...if I want to...and I'm considering going back to a 5S.

Why?

First of all, one handed usage. I can't quite figure it out with the 6 and I feel like with my lifestyle (athletic, on the go, etc) I liked being able to one hand reply to texts and emails and keep moving on. With the 6, I feel like it just is slightly too big for me.
    I miss the form factor, candy bar design of the 5s. It just looked and felt so amazing. World class, almost.

I recently got an IPad Mini, for when I'm just home hanging out and it works perfectly.

I wonder if there are any out there who enjoyed the 6, but opted to go back to 5S? And why?

It might just be a case of restlessness or first world problems, but will I miss the 'features' of the 6 (I don't use Apple Pay) but I do take a ton of pictures (yet can't really tell the difference.)

I could totally hold out for a 6s mini, but my research suggests it's a pipe dream...

Anyways, would love any thoughts!
    JanuarJaguar and A895 like this.
    03-08-2015 02:44 PM
    Whatever floats your boat... I went from the 5 to a 6+ which was too big for my tastes... really like my 6.
    03-08-2015 02:53 PM
    After using the 6 plus the 5s feels like a toy to me

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus
    zerog46 likes this.
    03-08-2015 03:05 PM
    Recently purchased a 5s, just feels entirely too small. I ended up giving it to my nephew. I'd keep your iPhone 6 to be honest. But if it fits your needs of go back to the 5 then.

Tapatalk'n On The  IPhone 6+
    03-08-2015 03:10 PM
    Hi there -- long time lurker. Figured I'd post and see if I could get any feedback from anyone in a similar position.

I hadto have the 6 when it came out. I pre-ordered and got it. And I won't say I was underwhelmed, but it definitely was like my 5s...only bigger. I currently pay for Jump! on TMobile and was grandfathered into the 'every 6 months you get to Jump!' thing. So it's time for me to Jump...if I want to...and I'm considering going back to a 5S.

Why?

First of all, one handed usage. I can't quite figure it out with the 6 and I feel like with my lifestyle (athletic, on the go, etc) I liked being able to one hand reply to texts and emails and keep moving on. With the 6, I feel like it just is slightly too big for me.
    I miss the form factor, candy bar design of the 5s. It just looked and felt so amazing. World class, almost.

I recently got an IPad Mini, for when I'm just home hanging out and it works perfectly.

I wonder if there are any out there who enjoyed the 6, but opted to go back to 5S? And why?

It might just be a case of restlessness or first world problems, but will I miss the 'features' of the 6 (I don't use Apple Pay) but I do take a ton of pictures (yet can't really tell the difference.)

I could totally hold out for a 6s mini, but my research suggests it's a pipe dream...

I was a 4S user back in 2011 till 2013. I upgraded to the 5C because I wanted a bit of a bigger screen. I chose the 5C at the time because I was not interested in the couple of extra features the 5S had at the time.

So fast forward to Apples keynote in Sept 2014 when the 6 & 6+ were announced. I was totally gaga at first. I had my feet planted that I would upgrade to the 6+....after looking at that in Apple Stores a few times, I decided the larger size just really wasn't for me even though the screen would be great for my eyes. I then backtracked and said to myself, ok just the 6 will do.

The day came sometime toward the end of October that I was actually on the phone with Verizon to order a 64gb gold 6. I told the rep, I'm sorry to have wasted your time and I changed my mind. Still using my 5C, but now at this point I wanted the 5S instead of the shiny new 6. I went to an Apple Store the first week of November and got a gold 32gb 5S for myself and have loved it since. I have no desire to jump to the newest iPhone at this time honestly because I love the size and form factor of the 5S over the 6. But, those are just my preferences. Another person may say, oh your crazy lol. It's all good.

Basically, everyone will give you an opinion to either stay with your 6, or go to a 5S. Either one are great devices....BUT your the one that has to decide which will work best for you. No one can really push you one way or another.

Take your time and think your reasons through to make a decision that will work for YOU if it's the 5S you prefer, go for it.

Good luck with your decision.
    03-08-2015 03:26 PM
    I was a 4S user back in 2011 till 2013. I upgraded to the 5C because I wanted a bit of a bigger screen. I chose the 5C at the time because I was not interested in the couple of extra features the 5S had at the time.

So fast forward to Apples keynote in Sept 2014 when the 6 & 6+ were announced. I was totally gaga at first. I had my feet planted that I would upgrade to the 6+....after looking at that in Apple Stores a few times, I decided the larger size just really wasn't for me even though the screen would be great for my eyes. I then backtracked and said to myself, ok just the 6 will do.

The day came sometime toward the end of October that I was actually on the phone with Verizon to order a 64gb gold 6. I told the rep, I'm sorry to have wasted your time and I changed my mind. Still using my 5C, but now at this point I wanted the 5S instead of the shiny new 6. I went to an Apple Store the first week of November and got a gold 32gb 5S for myself and have loved it since. I have no desire to jump to the newest iPhone at this time honestly because I love the size and form factor of the 5S over the 6. But, those are just my preferences. Another person may say, oh your crazy lol. It's all good.

Basically, everyone will give you an opinion to either stay with your 6, or go to a 5S. Either one are great devices....BUT your the one that has to decide which will work best for you. No one can really push you one way or another.

Take your time and think your reasons through to make a decision that will work for YOU if it's the 5S you prefer, go for it.

Good luck with your decision.
    Thank you kindly! Great feedback.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-08-2015 04:00 PM
    Get whatever you're comfortable with. I have the 6 plus and it was a nice change from the smaller form factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2015 04:43 PM
    I can completely understand wanting to go back to the 5S. That was an awesome smartphone. And I think that it is the best looking iPhone to date.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    03-08-2015 10:52 PM
    I have the 6 plus now and I am awaiting delivery of a new 5s as I type this. I love the plus but for everyday on the go use the 5s is perfect for me. I loved my 5s. I will keep the plus to use on a off as my second line. But for primary use I will be switching back to the 5s.

Best of luck in your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:39 PM
    In my opinion, I think the 6 is just about the perfect size. I loved my 5s and I still think my gold 5s is far more beautiful to look at than my gold iPhone 6 but the screen on the 6 is simply amazing. My girlfriend has my old 5s and I have to admit that occasionally I do look jealously over at her when she uses it. However, I am a firm believer that the 6 is a far better device for my needs as I need the bigger screen but the 6+ was just too big for my users back in the UK.

Saying that, I'm considering getting a 6+ mainly to use the larger screen as an in car navigation system now I'm out here in the USA.
    blackmagicwoman likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:49 PM
    I can understand wanting to go from a 6 plus or 6 to a 5s. You'll get many different answers here. What counts is what's right for you. I prefer the size of the 5s. Good luck with your decision.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:54 PM
    If one-handed use is a priority then definitely go with the iPhone 5S. It is indeed a top notch device and fun to use, in my opinion.
    03-14-2015 10:22 PM
    Both are great devices. Do whatever you feel is best for YOU. Don't let anyone else tell you what to choose

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk
    Rgn likes this.
    03-14-2015 10:32 PM
    I'm planning on switching to the 5s from having the 6 plus.
    03-15-2015 12:40 AM
    Just know that going back to the 5s means you lose a few features and a little speed. Most importantly, it's iOS updates will stop before the ones for the 6 does. You are right the iPhone 6s mini is a pipe dream. Everyone harped on Apple because there screens weren't as big as the ones from Samsung, LG, etc. So Apple gave the people what they wanted and in return made record profits. There is no turning back to the smaller form factor for them.
    mrkeynes likes this.
    03-15-2015 08:55 AM
    After trying both the + and i6 I feel the i6 is the ideal size if your hooked on a 5s. The poster above is absolutely correct in terms of updates . The i6 has the better camera and a bit better battery life. But most importantly is the iOS updates. If your hooked on the smaller size the i6 is the answer. Jmo.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 
    03-15-2015 09:48 AM
    On top of that 1 thing I don't do is ever go backwards in technology.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 
    03-15-2015 10:02 AM
    I've switched back to my 5s, twice. The first time, I got a 16GB iPhone 6 and the storage space was just way to small, so I went back to my 64GB 5s. Just recently, I purchased a used 64GB iPhone 6 thinking the larger storage space would solve my previous issue with the 6. Nope. It's too darn big for me. I use my phone as my primary camera (I know, the 6 has a better camera, but the 5s is pretty darn good too) and the 5s is so much more portable and much easier to handle when taking photos.

Just my $0.02 :-)
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    03-17-2015 12:25 PM
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I decided to go ahead and make the switch back today and just got my 64 gig iPhone 5s. Gonna hang on to the 6 for a few days and see how it feels before I sent it back (as I'm on the Jump! program). I gotta tell you, unboxing that beautiful, small 5s has got me really excited!
    03-17-2015 07:57 PM