Anyone else lost interest in phones after getting 5s ?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I will always have an interest in new technology, however, I've matured to the point of not allowing that interest to create an urgency to buy for the sake of having it like I used to....:)....In other words, I've learned to be content with what I have especially when it is satisfying my mobile needs.

I'm right there with you!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Now there's barely anything that's added every year to get people to upgrade. Plus the size is just right on the 5s IMO. If Apple were to release a 4" 6s (unlikely, I know) then I might consider upgrading, but I probably won't replace my iPhone until at least the iPhone 7.

There's plenty of new tech in the "tick" years (4, 5, 6/Plus), and the "tock" years ("S" years) really are not lacking. I upgrade every year even though I am totally satisfied with my current iPhone. I was content with each of the models that I've owned, but always want the latest and greatest. My 6 Plus will be passed down as soon as I can get my hands on this year's model (6S Plus?).

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
There's plenty of new tech in the "tick" years (4, 5, 6/Plus), and the "tock" years ("S" years) really are not lacking. I upgrade every year even though I am totally satisfied with my current iPhone. I was content with each of the models that I've owned, but always want the latest and greatest. My 6 Plus will be passed down as soon as I can get my hands on this year's model (6S Plus?).

There's new stuff added, but it's not that important anymore. Previous iPhones added things like video recording, double RAM, LTE, camera flash, dual-core processor, front facing camera for video chat, etc.

Besides a bigger screen, the iPhone 6 doesn't really do anything exciting. It's really not much better than the 5s. The difference in processor speed isn't noticeable in everyday use, the camera isn't dramatically better, and battery life is about the same. Even the 5s wasn't much better than the 5.

I used to feel I needed to upgrade every year. Now I feel like my phone can last 3 years, 2 at the very least.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There's new stuff added, but it's not that important anymore. Previous iPhones added things like video recording, double RAM, LTE, camera flash, dual-core processor, front facing camera for video chat, etc., in my opinion.

Besides a bigger screen, the iPhone 6 doesn't really do anything exciting. It's really not much better than the 5s. The difference in processor speed isn't noticeable in everyday use, the camera isn't dramatically better, and battery life is about the same. Even the 5s wasn't much better than the 5, in my opinion.

I used to feel I needed to upgrade every year. Now I feel like my phone can last 3 years, 2 at the very least, in my opinion.

There. Fixed.

Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. You don't have to buy new every year or even every other year.

I disagree, and I will upgrade.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
There. Fixed.

Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. You don't have to buy new every year or even every other year.

I disagree, and I will upgrade.

Thanks for adding the obvious. Should I add "fact" at the end of every sentence that's not an opinion, too?

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat as OP's. The only difference is I have iPhone 5.

I used to buy a new device every 8-10 months at one point but ever since I got iPhone 5(Mar 2013) I am more than content with it.

Will see what 6s has to offer. If there are enough compelling reasons for ME to switch over, I will.. else my 5 for another year!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will always have an interest in new technology, however, I've matured to the point of not allowing that interest to create an urgency to buy for the sake of having it like I used to....:)....In other words, I've learned to be content with what I have especially when it is satisfying my mobile needs.

EXACTLY

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else lost interest in phones after getting 5s ?

Not moi, went from a 4s with 16 GB to the 5s with 32 GB and I find it the very BEST i phone I have EVER owned !! :yes: