Anyone else lost interest in phones after getting 5s ?

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I lost interest in smartphones after getting the 5s.

When I used other phones in the past, I always had some kind of urge to replace the device after 6 months or 1 year but with 5s I don't have the urge. New phones don't excite me anymore (neither iPhone 6 nor GS6 sparked interest in me to replace 5s).

I am not even sure that 6s is going to tempt me. I decided not to update 5s beyond iOS 8.x . I kept my iPad 3 on iOS 7 and its performing satisfactory for a 3 year old device (iOS 8 will throttle down performance because of heaviness, So iOS 7)

Anyone else share similar thoughts ?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your contention regarding the iPad3 is simply not true to my observations and use of an iPad3 on iOS 8.1.3

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I lost interest in smartphones after getting the 5s.

When I used other phones in the past, I always had some kind of urge to replace the device after 6 months or 1 year but with 5s I don't have the urge. New phones don't excite me anymore (neither iPhone 6 nor GS6 sparked interest in me to replace 5s).

I am not even sure that 6s is going to tempt me. I decided not to update 5s beyond iOS 8.x . I kept my iPad 3 on iOS 7 and its performing satisfactory for a 3 year old device (iOS 8 will throttle down performance because of heaviness, So iOS 7)

Anyone else share similar thoughts ?

I will always have an interest in new technology, however, I've matured to the point of not allowing that interest to create an urgency to buy for the sake of having it like I used to....:)....In other words, I've learned to be content with what I have especially when it is satisfying my mobile needs.

Last edited:

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
It's not hard to be content with an iPhone! Android is a different creature, there is always a new and better phone with updated os coming out every two months, making your current phone obsolete!

Sent from my  6+

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I will always have an interest in new technology, however, I've matured to the point of not allowing that interest to create an urgency to buy for the sake of having it like I used to....:)....In other words, I've learned to be content with what I have especially when it is satisfying my mobile needs.

Spot on and perfectly stated D. I couldn't agree with you more :)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

So agree, Im at that point were I'm very happy with what I have. And look at tech that will improve how they work together.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

The 6 Plus brought me there.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually Im at that stage now I have My z30/10 with my Macbook Pro and my iPad Im really happy with my BlackAppleBerry Setup. I gave up my nexus as soon as I got back from Europe, It served me alright for what it is but it was never BB10 and what BB10 does for me. Same thing with my iPad and Macbook they work for me for what I need them to. Ive got Blend on my Apple devices so syncing with BlackBerry is not a problem, If i need an app i have three App Store to choose from on my BlackBerry and a megAppstore on my iPad. Im happy with my little setup.

If anything I've started to use my Bold 9900 as my daily driver for a few days now because like BB10 it does what I need it for just fine. If I were to get an iPhone honestly other than battery life the 5s is enough. I guess I'm sticking with brands that manufacture their own os and hardware because it works well that way.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Its performing well without slowdowns ?

I have the latest update on my ipad3 and find it kind of laggy. it was kind of laggy before the update tho as well. In any case that piece of 3 year old tech has about run it's course with me and I mainly use it to stream netflix to the tv and stream pandora to my Bose. Works well for those tasks. I can't much tolerate using it for anything else. But yeah, can relate to the lag although it's basically a non issue at this point. If I needed to use it for everything on a regular basis I'd nuke it back to factory and start over clean.

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my 5s but after playing around with my wife's new 6, I'm now thinking that that phone is the perfect size (this coming from a guy who had a Lumia 1520 phablet). The 5s is just a tiny bit too small for my taste.

Does that mean I'm going to rush to get one? Nope, I'll just wait for the 6s to come out and get a used one on Craigslist.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I wish

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

jsing2010

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I would say so. Primarily because i think the 5S is the perfect size, but i get a feeling i'll be forced to get a bigger iPhone for the simple fact they will probably never make another 4 inch iPhone

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
To jsing2010 i just read on irumor that in 2016 they are talking of coming out with the 4 inch screen again. They aren't sure if it will be the old one brought back or a new one from ground up.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhone 5s to the 6 plus. After that I had two blackberries, Note 4, Moto X , Sony Z3 and the G3. I am switching back to the 5S as soon as it arrives in a few days. The form factor is what is bringing me back. The 6 plus works very well and I do enjoy it but while on the go and since I drive a ton using the plus gets cumbersome for me. The 5 s was my favorite device. It does everything extremely well at a perfect size for me. So once it arrives I'll be back. But to get to the topic at hand. Yes. The other phones I tried did not compete with my trusty 5s if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I wish I could say the same. I'm like Gollum when it comes to new tech. :(

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Now there's barely anything that's added every year to get people to upgrade. Plus the size is just right on the 5s IMO. If Apple were to release a 4" 6s (unlikely, I know) then I might consider upgrading, but I probably won't replace my iPhone until at least the iPhone 7.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I lost interest in all phones after getting my 4S.. I was a habitual swapper for 4 or 5 years, I had every major phone released, Android, Blackberry, WebOS, Windows Phone, then came the iPhone 4S. I stopped looking after that, I upgraded to the 5 2 years later, just because it was time for an upgrade and the LTE seemed like a good reason to upgrade. 2 years with the 5 will be in June, still trying to decide if I want to get a 6, or wait. I believe I will probably upgrade but there is no way I would go with anyone other than Apple. However the software side of Apple has left me wanting quiet a bit recently, Android on the other hand left such a sour taste in my mouth I can never see myself going back to that. (even though it is supposedly better now, you know how that is)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
It did for a little while as I love the size, 64bit processor's speed and Touch ID. It is pretty much the perfect companion to my iPad Air. The only thing that has me interested in different phones is the battery life. I like using the iPhone naked but because of the awful battery life I am forced to use a mophie juice pack air. Since I have the bulky case on it I have lost some of the love that I had for this phone.

I don't know if I will upgrade but if I do it will be for a large phone (note 4 or ip 6+) because the note 2 I had was a 1-1/2 day heavy use device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox