Windows 8 not recognizing 5s?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a windows 8.0 HP laptop with the newest iTunes software, which used to recognize my 5s, and now my 6 plus, after I replaced the 5s.

Today I created a full administrative user for my friend's 5s. I copied her iTunes library from my old XP and dragged/dropped it in the proper place in the laptop's iTunes directory.

On her login the phone asked to trust the PC; I said yes. It is recognized by, and works fine in iTunes with the copied/sync'd library from the old PC, but the auto launch of the 'import pics' doesn't launch.

If I manually try to import pics, I don't see the iPhone. In the windows directory, I see other connected devices but not her iPhone. If I look in 'all devices' in the control panel, I see a generic iPhone. I updated the iPhone drivers the generic apple/iPhone device in this directory and it says they're up to date.

When I connect her phone to the PC in my login, it is still not recognized; but when I connect my 6 plus in my login it is recognized and I can import pics.

It seems to be just her phone, regardless of whose login, that won't get recognized.

Any ideas?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Any other ideas, anybody?
The 5s launches the import function on windows xp, but not windows 8; but my 6plus launches the import function on windows 8. It's only the 5s, and only on windows 8, that I can't import images.

But.... On windows 8 the 5s is recognized and synchs fine in iTunes.

What gives?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any other ideas, anybody?
The 5s launches the import function on windows xp, but not windows 8; but my 6plus launches the import function on windows 8. It's only the 5s, and only on windows 8, that I can't import images.

But.... On windows 8 the 5s is recognized and synchs fine in iTunes.

What gives?

Try rebooting both the iPhone 5S and the computer and then try again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2