Hi y'all, I'm new to the forums, I'm about to buy a new phone and I was wondering which one should I get, I had a Lumia 920 for like 1 and a half year and last november I change it for a Xperia Z1 (which I'm currently using) and I didn't like it so much mostly because of the so-so performance of the device (compared to the Lumia 920, odd isn't it?) so I was considering 3 options: LG G3, iPhone 5s 32gb and Lumia 930. Now, I considered the 5s since I've own iPhones in the past but never beyond the iPhone 4 so I was wondering if the 5s is "future proof" and by this I mean if I'll be able to use it as my daily driver for at least 15 months from now, you know, good performance, updates, battery, etc.

One thing I really care about is the battery because I hated when I had to charge my 920 twice a day and at this regard, the z1 is really nice at. Is the 5s battery any good?
    01-16-2015 03:26 PM
    Welcome to iMore. The iPhone 5s is still a very good iPhone. I usually get a full day of usage before charging and my 5s is 13 months old. I expect the 5s should be good for at least 15 more months worth of iOS updates.
    Chris Wayne2 likes this.
    01-16-2015 03:29 PM
    Yes, the iPhone 5S should be useful to you for the next 15 months. Having said that, "you" need to decide the device that is right for "you"because what we like or may even recommend may not be liked by you. Good luck with whatever device you end up choosing, and have a great weekend...
    Stan Jackson likes this.
    01-16-2015 03:31 PM
    Yes, the iPhone 5S should be useful to you for the next 15 months. Having said that, "you" need to decide the device that is right for "you"because what we like or may even recommend may not be liked by you. Good luck with whatever device you end up choosing, and have a great weekend...
    Is just that, well people on the android forums tend to show lots of hate when the iPhone is mentioned :/ iMore and Wcentral forums are a lot more relaxed.
    baller88 likes this.
    01-16-2015 04:52 PM
    Welcome to iMore. The iPhone 5s is still a very good iPhone. I usually get a full day of usage before charging and my 5s is 13 months old. I expect the 5s should be good for at least 15 more months worth of iOS updates.
    Thanks, now I just need to find the black version.
    01-16-2015 04:53 PM
    Thanks, now I just need to find the black version.
    No Problem, but the "black" version is now called "Space Gray" for reasons unknown....SMILE
    01-16-2015 04:59 PM
    I just switched from my 5s to the 6. The 5s is still a great device. The lg G3 is also a great device. Minus the bloat ware and lack of updates it'll get in a year. The 5s should get updates for another couple years. They kind of future proofed it by using the 64 bit architecture. I'd say compare them and weigh the pros and cons. If your biggest issue or concern is battery. Just keep in mind. You can always buy an extended life battery for the g3. You can't the iPhone. But the 5s is and always will be a great phone. It just comes down to personal preference. Let us know what you decide to do!!

iPhone Gold - 64 GIG
    Life Is A Blog - Life Is A Blog, Write It - life is a blog, write it!
    I use a Mophie Air pack which extends the battery plus adds a case.
    Will the iPhone 5S still be useful for the next 15 months?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1421452731.337674.jpg
    Will the iPhone 5S still be useful for the next 15 months?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1421452741.805818.jpg
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 01-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Nakia Johnson1 likes this.
    01-16-2015 06:56 PM
    In my experience the mophie hurts my battery. Had 3 of them and all 3 lowered theife of my battery on my 5 and 5s's. As well as ruining my friends 5s battery. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I'll never use another one lol and some people don't like the look. Personal preference. Had it caused any battery issues for you (not trying to jack this thread)

iPhone Gold - 64 GIG
    Life Is A Blog - Life Is A Blog, Write It - life is a blog, write it!
    No Problems whatsoever for me or my Wife and she uses hers daily. I purchased them the same time as I got our 5s's (13 months ago). Battery life is still good on both devices without the Mophie
    01-16-2015 07:40 PM
    Welcome to iMore. The 5S is still a great device and should get iOS updates for the next couple of years. Good luck with your choice.
    01-16-2015 10:14 PM
    Hi y'all, I'm new to the forums, I'm about to buy a new phone and I was wondering which one should I get, I had a Lumia 920 for like 1 and a half year and last november I change it for a Xperia Z1 (which I'm currently using) and I didn't like it so much mostly because of the so-so performance of the device (compared to the Lumia 920, odd isn't it?) so I was considering 3 options: LG G3, iPhone 5s 32gb and Lumia 930. Now, I considered the 5s since I've own iPhones in the past but never beyond the iPhone 4 so I was wondering if the 5s is "future proof" and by this I mean if I'll be able to use it as my daily driver for at least 15 months from now, you know, good performance, updates, battery, etc.

One thing I really care about is the battery because I hated when I had to charge my 920 twice a day and at this regard, the z1 is really nice at. Is the 5s battery any good?
    You had to charge your 920 twice a day?! I got 36+ hours out of mine between chargings. If you want to switch platforms, I'd go for the iPhone 5S. I've been considering getting one myself, although I use a Lumia 925 as my daily driver. Also have an iPhone 4, Lumia 810, Lumia 920 (as mentioned above) and HTC One M7. I would say the 5S will be future proof. If you look at the history of iPhones and how they get an iOS upgrade, it should get iOS 9 next year.
    01-17-2015 01:26 PM
    The 5s will easily last that long for your usage. It is still a pretty solid device, and the 64 bit chip still has yet to be fully pushed by the OS.
    01-17-2015 08:00 PM

Yes the 5s is a very good device that should last you at least 15 months depending on your needs. All the best!
    01-18-2015 11:49 AM
    I believe it will last you for probably 2 years or more. It is the best phone I have ever owned.
    01-18-2015 05:42 PM