Battery usage on iPhone 5s

lunacybl

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
What is the typical battery usage on your iPhone 5s? How long does your battery hold after some normal usage, calls/messaging/Internet? Do you use some app to monitor battery consumption (if something like that exists)? How often do you charge the phone?

Enough questions for now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello there
I can answer some of your questions right now:
- There are apps you can use to monitor your battery, one of those is battery doctor and you can get it for free in the App Store. Another choice would be going to settings --> General --> Usage and then battery usage, there you can get some info about how long your battery lasts etc.
- About how often people charge their iPhones, I for instance plug it every time I can while not in use, at home, in the car etc. to avoid "running out of battery".

lunacybl

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am aware of these statistics offered by the system itself. Beside monitoring, does the app you've recommended offers some optimization/tweaking of the battery (turning off screen, adjusting brightness, going to power saver mode when reached some %, etc.)?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Basically 8 to 9h on wifi with light usage plus 10 to 15h of stand by.
4 to 5h when on 3 with light usage and stand by about 6 to 10h.
I use "battery life" app to have general view of my battery. Number of cycles used, real battery amp remaining and apps battery usage stats as well. Here are some screenshots:
0e545efaeea146253f1233e6bd7dc6d7.jpg
78ee1952a14e5b6ad0e46f651f25e9a7.jpg

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use battery doctor and have used a lot of its suggestions. Since the latest iOS update, I've been getting nearly two full days between charges if I choose to. I almost always near a charger so I can afford to let it go down. I also have an iPad mini that I use more at home that takes some demand off the iPhone. Notifications is a big culprit for battery drainage when your phone is locked. For example I turn off notifications for email and social networking apps. So are apps that track your location. I set these to a minimum.

stormchasejg

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Basically 8 to 9h on wifi with light usage plus 10 to 15h of stand by.
4 to 5h when on 3 with light usage and stand by about 6 to 10h.
I use "battery life" app to have general view of my battery. Number of cycles used, real battery amp remaining and apps battery usage stats as well. Here are some screenshots:

What is the name of that app as I cannot seem to find it in the App Store, could you post a link as it looks useful.

I recommend Battery Doctor.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Battery life on any device varies depending on each individuals usage. This day I barely used my 13 month old iPhone 5s and the results were Amazing...IMHO
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421512276.159172.jpg

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How comes and the standby is the same as the usage time? That's a misleading battery usage info I think.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh