Muffled external microphone?

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I finally convinced my GF to upgrade her aging and failing 4s. We opted for a 5s largely for price concerns. Once we got home from the AT&T store, she decided to trim the protective plastic that came on the phone and use it as a screen/back protector. Everything seemed to work fine until she recorded a video and it had the most muffled sound. If you turned the phone volume all the way up, you could almost, barely hear a hint of the recorded sound.

So, back to the AT&T store I went where I swapped out the phone for a new one. She did the same thing with the protective plastic on the second 5s as she had done with the first 5s and guess what? The second 5s was also muted just as much.

It turns out that it had something to do with the protective plastic. Once we removed it, the second 5s worked perfectly. Which probably means that the first 5s was perfect as well.

The point of this post? Always remove the protective plastic on your 5s. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you would think that. But when I saw what she did even I was like, "Hey, wow, what a good idea! Now we don't have to buy a screen protector!" :)
You can't cover the speakers and mics though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73