Hi:

My daughter recently cracked her iPhone 5s and the touch screen no longer works. As a result of this she can't unlock her phone and back up it up on iTunes. You can see the touch screen but it does not respond to touch anywhere on the screen. She doesn't want to lose all of her videos, photos etc..About the only thing I can think of is to buy some recovery software? I have done multiple internet searches for reviews of the different recovery software solutions and none of them are helpful reviews as they all are sponsored by the manufacturer of the software and I am guessing stacked reviews.

1. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get into the phone with a disabled touch screen?
    2. If not does anybody have experience with any of the recover solutions out there and if so what was your experience with that particular solution or a web site that has authentic reviews of the software's useability?
    3. None of the the solutions seem to restore your phone and it seems as if you would manually push the pictures, contacts etc..to a new cell phone?

HELP

Thank you!

TK
    11-03-2014 11:33 AM
    Was the phone ever backed up? The issue is that Apple makes it so someone can't get into your phone if it's locked. So that's a tough one.

Maybe someone else can chime in with a thought.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 11:59 AM
    You should b able to just plug it into the computer and back it up. I never had to touch the phone. Unless, she is using iCloud. Then, it's backed up via iCloud, and her photos and videos are backed up there.

If you have an Apple Store near by, take it there and see if they can help you. Also, screen replacement isn't terribly expensive, and changing it won't affect the phones data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 11:59 AM
    I would bring it to the apple store- If it can be done then they can
    11-03-2014 12:01 PM
    Yeah she backed up but it was so long ago...we have since switched to a new machine and she never took the time to back it up to the new machine. I always tell her there are two types of people in this world....those who have lost data and those that will. Apparently she didn't take it to heart.
    11-03-2014 12:12 PM
    Yea, I would take it to Apple before doing anything. And as stated above, a screen replacement may be easier than trying to find recovery software, and would save the phone as well.
    11-03-2014 12:13 PM
    Apple said with her Apple Care she would lose it all because they are giving her a new phone instead of repairing.
    11-03-2014 12:14 PM
    Apple said with her Apple Care she would lose it all because they are giving her a new phone instead of repairing.
    They can't pull anything off? Also have you tried plugging into iTunes? If it detects it then wouldn't it automatically back up?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 07:17 PM
    If you plug it in and it's locked the PC will ask you to trust the device where you will have to have a working touch screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-03-2014 07:18 PM