Why can't I get my photos stream?

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
My Photo Stream issues... Please HELP!

This past Friday (Oct 31st) I was doing a little bit of work on my car in the morning and taking pics along the way. The first 10 images or so uploaded perfectly fine, but the rest did not, about another 10 shots. Not only that, but later that day and throughout the entire weekend through our mini vacation out of town, no more pictures have uploaded.

On the phone, it shows that the images have uploaded. Camera Roll and My Photo Stream matches up on the phone, but they sure as heck are not on the computer, and absolutely no settings have been changed. This is really pissing me off. Why is the phone thinking they have been uploaded to my photo stream when they clearly have not?!

What's worse, for the first time with this phone, I physically connected the phone to the laptop to try and transfer the pics through iTunes. This was completely useless. All iTunes did was create a stupid folder on my phone that I can not remove now and all it did was transfer pics from my computer to the phone. Completely useless hence why I never use iTunes for anything.

I'm at the point now that if I want these pics on my laptop, I'm going to have to email the darn things, and that's about 85 pics!

Nothing, I mean nothing has changed on the phone, the laptop or the networks. Even though the phone says it was sending the pictures, it wasn't. It just stopped right in the middle of things and hasn't sent anything since.

Does anyone know what on earth is going on, how to fix it and how to get these pics on my laptop?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Photo Stream issues... Please HELP!

1. Has your iPhone connected to Wi-Fi since taking the photos? If so, then the photos in your photostream *should* upload to iCloud and then sync to your computer if the computer is also configured for use with iCloud and has photostream enabled AND is also connected to Wi-Fi.

2. In order to remove the folder created on your iPhone when you synced the photos via iTunes, you will have to again use iTunes.

3. Do you have iPhoto installed on your computer? If so, you *should* be able to transfer / import those photos directly onto your computer.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the tips, but...

Why is this happening? There's no reason for it at all. I was in very strong wifi the entire time, I still am, and it's still not sending anything. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. There's no reason for this system to just stop working out of the clear blue right in the middle of me taking pictures of a project.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

So... That's it? No one else has anything?

This is idiotic. No setting changes, no wifi outages, no nothing, yet this whole photo streaming and iCloud crap isn't working and no one has any input on it at all. Nice.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

It's amazing that this is a huge dedicated site just for the iPhone, and no one has a single explanation at all about what's going on here.

I don't want to install and/or pay for apps to get my own stinking pictures off of my phone when it's supposed to do it on its own to begin with. I shouldn't have to resort to third party software to do things that the phone is supposed to do already.

This is just useless...

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

This past Friday (Oct 31st) I was doing a little bit of work on my car in the morning and taking pics along the way. The first 10 images or so uploaded perfectly fine, but the rest did not, about another 10 shots. Not only that, but later that day and throughout the entire weekend through our mini vacation out of town, no more pictures have uploaded.

On the phone, it shows that the images have uploaded. Camera Roll and My Photo Stream matches up on the phone, but they sure as heck are not on the computer, and absolutely no settings have been changed. This is really pissing me off. Why is the phone thinking they have been uploaded to my photo stream when they clearly have not?!

What's worse, for the first time with this phone, I physically connected the phone to the laptop to try and transfer the pics through iTunes. This was completely useless. All iTunes did was create a stupid folder on my phone that I can not remove now and all it did was transfer pics from my computer to the phone. Completely useless hence why I never use iTunes for anything.

I'm at the point now that if I want these pics on my laptop, I'm going to have to email the darn things, and that's about 85 pics!

Nothing, I mean nothing has changed on the phone, the laptop or the networks. Even though the phone says it was sending the pictures, it wasn't. It just stopped right in the middle of things and hasn't sent anything since.

Does anyone know what on earth is going on, how to fix it and how to get these pics on my laptop?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Are you using iCloud for Windows?

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Not sure on the why?but I use either iPhoto or Image Capture (in the /Applications/Utility folder).

Well I offered two options, neither of which are third-party software. If I knew of anything else, if be happy to share.

Well for one thing, I don't what or where this "Applications/Utility folder" is you're speaking of. I don't see anything on the phone or computer that mentions this. BTW, I'm running Windows 8.1 and iOS 8.1.

Are you using iCloud for Windows?

Of course I am. And as I said before, nothing anywhere on any device has been changed.

The Photo Stream folder is back on my phone, but it's only showing the last 135 photos of the over 400 that I actually have on the phone. On top of that, even though that folder is being updated every time I take a new pic, I have no idea where those photos are being streamed to, because they are NOT being streamed to my computer.

I'm sorry for showing some attitude, but I'm getting very aggravated with this nonsense. Tomorrow makes it a full week that this hasn't been working and it's pissing me off.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Well for one thing, I don't what or where this "Applications/Utility folder" is you're speaking of. I don't see anything on the phone or computer that mentions this. BTW, I'm running Windows 8.1 and iOS 8.1.

Of course I am. And as I said before, nothing anywhere on any device has been changed.

The Photo Stream folder is back on my phone, but it's only showing the last 135 photos of the over 400 that I actually have on the phone. On top of that, even though that folder is being updated every time I take a new pic, I have no idea where those photos are being streamed to, because they are NOT being streamed to my computer.

I'm sorry for showing some attitude, but I'm getting very aggravated with this nonsense. Tomorrow makes it a full week that this hasn't been working and it's pissing me off.

"Of course I am." That explains it. iCloud for Windows is a POS. You want the neat integration features to work correctly you will need a Mac.

Just plug the phone in and get your photos via Windows Explorer. iPhone shows up as an external device and you can browse the DCIM folder that way and get to all your photos.

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

"Of course I am." That explains it. iCloud for Windows is a POS. You want the neat integration features to work correctly you will need a Mac.

Just plug the phone in and get your photos via Windows Explorer. iPhone shows up as an external device and you can browse the DCIM folder that way and get to all your photos.

That's ridicules. I've been using iCloud and Photo Stream on my Windows laptops for years now without an issue. Now all of a sudden it just quits working?!

And no, I've tried connecting the phone to the laptop and it does not show up as an external device. It only shows up in iTunes and that's it, and I can't even get to the pics from there.

cmrobbins42

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

That's ridicules. I've been using iCloud and Photo Stream on my Windows laptops for years now without an issue. Now all of a sudden it just quits working?!

And no, I've tried connecting the phone to the laptop and it does not show up as an external device. It only shows up in iTunes and that's it, and I can't even get to the pics from there.

Photo Stream has never been consistent for me.
SUYElU8.png

iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer - Spiceworks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative