Deleting conversations

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently read that you should occasionally delete your conversations in your text messages. Something about storage. So, I just tried to...the first one worked with no problem. When I went to the next conversation, the first time I tapped and held a bubble to get the "more" option, it wouldn't work. I had to scroll back and forth thru the conversation...stop...try it again...and then it worked. I had to do this with every person I had in my text messages. Is this happening with anyone else ? Thanks.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are trying to delete the whole conversation, just swipe on the item in conversation list and delete it. There is also a new setting in iOS 8, that you can set a duration to keep conversations around and it will delete them automatically.

I was referring to when you want to delete one comment/pic in a conversation. You should be able to touch and hold that particular comment until "more" comes up...and select delete at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes the "more" doesn't come up, and sometimes the "delete" doesn't show up. Have to reset to get it to work.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was referring to when you want to delete one comment/pic in a conversation. You should be able to touch and hold that particular comment until "more" comes up...and select delete at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes the "more" doesn't come up, and sometimes the "delete" doesn't show up. Have to reset to get it to work.

A coworker of mine actually experienced this last week. Same exact thing...she would be in a conversation, long press and hit "More", and it would let her select threads, but the "Delete" trashcan that sould be in the bottom left corner of the screen would never pop up. Weird.

I'm sorry, but I do not have an answer for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner