Just bought the Apple leather case, from apple store, and this really destroyed my phone!

It SO tight fitting, so i had to struggle for 10 minutes removing it (i wanted to make sure there wasnt any dust on the back of my phone, forgot to check that when i put it in) i didnt think i would be able to remove the case! Finally i got it off, and yea you can really see the result when looking around the edges on the phone. I never thought it would sit so tight! It made some really nice scratches on my phone. Why is it so damn tight?? I dont know what to do now
    10-16-2014 01:42 PM
    Just bought the Apple leather case, from apple store, and this really destroyed my phone!

It SO tight fitting, so i had to struggle for 10 minutes removing it (i wanted to make sure there wasnt any dust on the back of my phone, forgot to check that when i put it in) i didnt think i would be able to remove the case! Finally i got it off, and yea you can really see the result when looking around the edges on the phone. I never thought it would sit so tight! It made some really nice scratches on my phone. Why is it so damn tight?? I dont know what to do now
    I would return to Apple and speak with someone there regarding this. That shouldn't of happened
    10-16-2014 01:47 PM
    The Apple leather cases are nice, they do fit a bit tight. I tried one on once and didn't care for it. Good luck to you.
    10-16-2014 01:47 PM
    Pictures? Having had the leather case on my 5s and now on my 6+ I am having a hard time believing that the case could scratch your phone. There's nothing in it hard enough to scratch anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 01:53 PM
    Pictures? Having had the leather case on my 5s and now on my 6+ I am having a hard time believing that the case could scratch your phone. There's nothing in it hard enough to scratch anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I will take some pictures. Looking for my camera.

Maybe there isnt anything hard enough in the case. But because of the struggle you need to make to remove it, cus its SO tight, will mess up the metal edges. Try to remove your leather cover, it will make you sweat!
    10-16-2014 01:57 PM
    I didn't have much issue removing the leather case from my 6, but they're shaped totally differently, so who knows. Hope you can get Apple to take care of you.
    avital likes this.
    10-16-2014 02:09 PM
    I never had any issues with the leather cases for my 5S.
    10-16-2014 05:08 PM
    Got my 5s Space Gray on Sat and threw an Apple leather case on. Taken it on and off a couple times this week. Just took it off now and 0 scratches anywhere.
    10-16-2014 09:12 PM
    Thats strange.. Didnt you like the case?
    Didnt you have a hard time taking it off??
    10-17-2014 01:11 AM
    I have had my leather Apple case for my 5s since December, and I never had this issue. It is a tight fitting case...which is what I feel a case should be...and the first time I did have a tough time trying to figure out how to take it off without damaging the case, but once I found a way (remove it from the bottom of the phone near the lightening port) I have never had an issue.

I don't see how this case could possibly scratch or ding the phone, being that the case is softer than the materials used to make the phone. Maybe there was some dirt or something in the case which caused the scratch...?
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    10-17-2014 12:47 PM
    Well its very likely that the case can cause scratches on the phone, (especially corners and sides) when you put it take it off since its so tight.

The tight fit will wear/scratch the frame because of the struggle and wiggling it takes to remove it.
    10-17-2014 03:49 PM
    Isn't the inside of the case lined?
    10-17-2014 04:08 PM
    Isn't the inside of the case lined?
    Yes it is. It’s lined with a soft micro-fibre type material. I had an Apple leather case on my 5S that I removed from time to time to enable use of my Mophie case. I never experienced any scratches from either case. Not sure I’m buying OP's story. And yes, the 5S leather case was also quite a snug fit.
    jburke82 and DarkKnight08 like this.
    10-17-2014 04:15 PM
    Sorry too hear about your situation. But it doesn't make sense to me. The case is lined in a microfiber, how would that be possible for your phone to scratch?
    Unless you have long nails or dropped it whilst trying to put it on or off.
    jburke82 and DarkKnight08 like this.
    10-17-2014 04:24 PM
    Yes you are all right about the case being lined in soft microfiber. But still, the strain when trying to remove the snug case from each corner, will cause wear on the sides. Its the same as if you polish a gloss Surface (like the Playstation 3) with a towel, it will make small scratches. Its not like you tear the phone apart, but the edges on the sides of the 5s or really glossy if you look close. I mean the small shiny part.
    10-17-2014 04:49 PM
    Yes you are all right about the case being lined in soft microfiber. But still, the strain when trying to remove the snug case from each corner, will cause wear on the sides. Its the same as if you polish a gloss Surface (like the Playstation 3) with a towel, it will make small scratches. Its not like you tear the phone apart, but the edges on the sides of the 5s or really glossy if you look close. I mean the small shiny part.
    You realize you would need to repeatedly remove the case in order for what you are describing to occur.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.
    10-17-2014 05:16 PM
    Like how many times do you mean?
    Maybe the case can protect your phone against scratches while keeping it on. But once you put it on, you should not remove it again.
    10-17-2014 05:26 PM
    Yea... I take it on and off for fun or to clean it. No... it isn't that hard to take off.
    avital likes this.
    10-17-2014 10:27 PM
    Maybe your lucky having a case that comes off easier. My apple leather case isnt easy to take off. It feels like your damaging the phone when trying to press it out. I start with the corner, pushing it slowly down, and it wont move very much, so you have to repeat it all over, and the pressure it takes you really feel like "this is not a good treatment for my phone.......
    10-18-2014 04:20 AM
    Maybe the only way to keep the phone in perfect condition, as when it came out of the box, is to use a case i dont know..
    I would really like to have my phone look scratch free even after months of use.
    10-18-2014 05:59 AM
    So how about those pictures?
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    10-19-2014 06:32 PM
    I take leather case off often. Hold phone upside down glass towards you. Then press the bottom corners down from the front of the phone with other fingers on middle of back pushing on phone. Once those bottom corners are off the rest will slide out easy enough.

No damage or struggle at all. I wonder if a 'tool' of some sort was inserted that caused damage.
    avital and jburke82 like this.
    10-19-2014 07:52 PM
    Yes i know, but the tight fit along with the hard leather frames really will scratch the phone putting it in and out rubbing against the sides and corners of the phone (and the fragible glossy shiny line) i think thats the reason for causing the wear and tear

Even if the inside of the case is covered in soft material, the frames are still pretty hard leather.
    10-20-2014 03:42 AM
    I've had the leather case for my 5S since launch. It has been put on and removed many many times... as I usually run the phone bare naked around the house, and put the case on when I go out.

I find the fit to be snug... but removal rarely takes more than 30 seconds. Pop the lower corners out first, then slide the phone down and out. The exact reversal of putting the case on.

I do not apply any pressure from the back of the phone/case. The corners of the case need to be slightly pulled to release their grip on the phone. The rest of the edges of the case actually don't hold the phone much at all. Once two of the case's corners clear the corners of the phone, it comes of really easily.
    avital likes this.
    10-20-2014 04:15 AM
    So its unlikely that the corners or the sides of the phone can get any damage or wear from the case being on and off?
    10-20-2014 04:42 AM
32 12