Warning for Apple leather case!

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just bought the Apple leather case, from apple store, and this really destroyed my phone!

It SO tight fitting, so i had to struggle for 10 minutes removing it (i wanted to make sure there wasnt any dust on the back of my phone, forgot to check that when i put it in) i didnt think i would be able to remove the case! Finally i got it off, and yea you can really see the result when looking around the edges on the phone. I never thought it would sit so tight! It made some really nice scratches on my phone. Why is it so damn tight?? I dont know what to do now

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the Apple leather case, from apple store, and this really destroyed my phone!

It SO tight fitting, so i had to struggle for 10 minutes removing it (i wanted to make sure there wasnt any dust on the back of my phone, forgot to check that when i put it in) i didnt think i would be able to remove the case! Finally i got it off, and yea you can really see the result when looking around the edges on the phone. I never thought it would sit so tight! It made some really nice scratches on my phone. Why is it so damn tight?? I dont know what to do now

I would return to Apple and speak with someone there regarding this. That shouldn't of happened

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The Apple leather cases are nice, they do fit a bit tight. I tried one on once and didn't care for it. Good luck to you.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pictures? Having had the leather case on my 5s and now on my 6+ I am having a hard time believing that the case could scratch your phone. There's nothing in it hard enough to scratch anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Pictures? Having had the leather case on my 5s and now on my 6+ I am having a hard time believing that the case could scratch your phone. There's nothing in it hard enough to scratch anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will take some pictures. Looking for my camera.

Maybe there isnt anything hard enough in the case. But because of the struggle you need to make to remove it, cus its SO tight, will mess up the metal edges. Try to remove your leather cover, it will make you sweat!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have much issue removing the leather case from my 6, but they're shaped totally differently, so who knows. Hope you can get Apple to take care of you.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Got my 5s Space Gray on Sat and threw an Apple leather case on. Taken it on and off a couple times this week. Just took it off now and 0 scratches anywhere.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had my leather Apple case for my 5s since December, and I never had this issue. It is a tight fitting case...which is what I feel a case should be...and the first time I did have a tough time trying to figure out how to take it off without damaging the case, but once I found a way (remove it from the bottom of the phone near the lightening port) I have never had an issue.

I don't see how this case could possibly scratch or ding the phone, being that the case is softer than the materials used to make the phone. Maybe there was some dirt or something in the case which caused the scratch...?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Well its very likely that the case can cause scratches on the phone, (especially corners and sides) when you put it take it off since its so tight.

The tight fit will wear/scratch the frame because of the struggle and wiggling it takes to remove it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the inside of the case lined?

Yes it is. It’s lined with a soft micro-fibre type material. I had an Apple leather case on my 5S that I removed from time to time to enable use of my Mophie case. I never experienced any scratches from either case. Not sure I’m buying OP's story. And yes, the 5S leather case was also quite a snug fit.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry too hear about your situation. But it doesn't make sense to me. The case is lined in a microfiber, how would that be possible for your phone to scratch?
Unless you have long nails or dropped it whilst trying to put it on or off.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes you are all right about the case being lined in soft microfiber. But still, the strain when trying to remove the snug case from each corner, will cause wear on the sides. Its the same as if you polish a gloss Surface (like the Playstation 3) with a towel, it will make small scratches. Its not like you tear the phone apart, but the edges on the sides of the 5s or really glossy if you look close. I mean the small shiny part.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are all right about the case being lined in soft microfiber. But still, the strain when trying to remove the snug case from each corner, will cause wear on the sides. Its the same as if you polish a gloss Surface (like the Playstation 3) with a towel, it will make small scratches. Its not like you tear the phone apart, but the edges on the sides of the 5s or really glossy if you look close. I mean the small shiny part.

You realize you would need to repeatedly remove the case in order for what you are describing to occur.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Like how many times do you mean?
Maybe the case can protect your phone against scratches while keeping it on. But once you put it on, you should not remove it again.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe your lucky having a case that comes off easier. My apple leather case isnt easy to take off. It feels like your damaging the phone when trying to press it out. I start with the corner, pushing it slowly down, and it wont move very much, so you have to repeat it all over, and the pressure it takes you really feel like "this is not a good treatment for my phone.......

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the only way to keep the phone in perfect condition, as when it came out of the box, is to use a case i dont know..
I would really like to have my phone look scratch free even after months of use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh