The only explanation I can see here is that some dust managed to get into your case before you put it in your iPhone. Or maybe you got an unperfect unit and you then should contact Apple or your reseller, as mentioned by Hawk.

As widely said by various users before, the Apple case DO NOT scratches the device. I have two cases myself and none of them scratched my iPhone 5s. Not a single time. Ever.

About the tight fitting: it's true. It is tight. At the beginning. If you take it off and put it back once/twice in a while (for fun or cleaning purposes), it will become easier to manage it and it will not seem that tight anymore. It's about usure...
    avital likes this.
    10-20-2014 10:31 PM
    So its unlikely that the corners or the sides of the phone can get any damage or wear from the case being on and off?
    Unlikely, yes. The case is lined with soft material, and even the leather itself is pretty soft. Nothing about the case should be able to damage the metal of the iPhone. If you're using a tool of some sort to pry the phone out, then I could see that causing damage. If debris like dirt or abrasive material like wool or something got caught in between the case and phone, I could see that causing damage as well.

I shot this short video showing the way I get my iPhone in to and out of the Apple leather case in a few seconds.

avital and hydrogen3 like this.
    10-22-2014 06:47 PM
    I've used two apple leather cases for the past year on my 5s and iPad mini and while they got snug, if you start from the corners they come off relatively easy. I switch every 1 or two weeks and no scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-09-2014 09:34 AM
    I would still like to see the pictures that the OP said he was going to take. I have had my apple leather case for a year now, and I take it off and put it on all the time....but I have never had an issue, nor do I see how this case could possibly scratch the phone.
    OBF likes this.
    12-09-2014 09:59 AM
    As said before... Where are the pictures?
    jburke82 likes this.
    12-09-2014 10:59 AM
    I don't see how taking this type of case off a 5s would do any damage to the phone. If there is damage, it's from something else like the OP banging it on something while trying to get the case off.
    Warning for Apple leather case!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1418143299.766842.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    hydrogen3 and jburke82 like this.
    12-09-2014 11:41 AM
    We want pictures! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
    we want pictures! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*
    jburke82 likes this.
    12-09-2014 09:42 PM
32 12