Anybody NOT getting the 6 or 6 Plus?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to the apple store or carrier store and try the phones out to see what they are like, that's what I did before I made my decision.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice acerace, but I have done that:) I already know what the 5S will be like because I currently have the 5C, so you if I went this route it would be a minor upgrade for me considering the 5S has a bit better specs than my 5C does, plus I would get the 32gb this time around if I went 5S.

Now if I went 6 or 6+, obviously that would be a huge upgrade right there & I'd go with the 64gb (4x's my current storage space). Thing is, I'm not overly concerned with having the absolute latest and greatest of the 6/6+....would I like the bigger screen? yes but at the same time I feel comfortable enough with the 4" screen size now and adjusting text size within the iOS is also helping out. Plus I've also rationed costs. 32gig gold 5S will be 150, plus AC+ and a case to start off with, out the door I'd be looking at approx $300. If I went 6, out the door I'd be about 450 - so then it also comes down to weighing in if spending that extra $150 for me will be justified as far as where I stand if I want the absolute latest and greatest.

Ok...so I'll stop rambling on now:p lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't decided yet. I'm still on my iPhone 5. My upgrade is in January. Waiting 7 more months for the 6s is an option. Getting a new iPhone 5s and an iPad Mini retina is also on the table. Decisions, Decisions!!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice acerace, but I have done that:) I already know what the 5S will be like because I currently have the 5C, so you if I went this route it would be a minor upgrade for me considering the 5S has a bit better specs than my 5C does, plus I would get the 32gb this time around if I went 5S.

Now if I went 6 or 6+, obviously that would be a huge upgrade right there & I'd go with the 64gb (4x's my current storage space). Thing is, I'm not overly concerned with having the absolute latest and greatest of the 6/6+....would I like the bigger screen? yes but at the same time I feel comfortable enough with the 4" screen size now and adjusting text size within the iOS is also helping out. Plus I've also rationed costs. 32gig gold 5S will be 150, plus AC+ and a case to start off with, out the door I'd be looking at approx $300. If I went 6, out the door I'd be about 450 - so then it also comes down to weighing in if spending that extra $150 for me will be justified as far as where I stand if I want the absolute latest and greatest.

Pink, you are absolutely doing the "right thing" by weighing the "overall" pros and cons based on your experience and situation. All that is left to do is to make the final decision before enjoying your new device...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I looked at the cost for me and I have an upgrade for my line on September 27, 2015. The only thing I can do right now is buy outright and the 64 GB iPhone 6 here in Canada is $859, for a 2 year contract its $374. I don't get AC+ but though my carrier I get something else that covers water damage. I did got to an Apple Store to try the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus and I like the 6 but over my 5S its not much of an upgrade. I will be getting the 6S for sure though cause of the performance difference. But I'm also looking at the project ara phone by Google since I like the idea of changing parts when and what I want. I'll see when the next iPhone is released though.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iBand

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm a one handed user, and that's what made me switched back from andriod to iPhone, so I definitely not getting the iPhone 6 for sure. I'm happy with my iPhone 5s.

isen

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Learned the hard way, Not, to be an early adopter of new HW or OS's. Still lovin' my 5S iOS 7.1.2 ...I can wait. :)

Abk92

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
You switched back from the 6?

I'll be making the switch from Android. I use an S4 now. Primary reason is because I just want something that works with a nice compact size. I also want a phone that i'll admire its looks for a long time. iPhone 5s, 32GB, Gold fits my bill perfectly.

ngc

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually I just sold my iPhone 5s to a friend and I'm going to buy another 5s. I didn't like the iPhone 6 size and even less the iPhone 6+ size.

I'm keeping my 5s for as long as I can until there are no more phones of this size.

For anything bigger I have my iPad mini retina.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I was messing around with my buddies 6 plus and it's just too big for my liking. The 6 seems to be a good fit for me and I'm getting real tired of wearing my glasses when using certain apps on my 5S. I bought my 5S off contract and and my upgrade is part of the NEXT plan. I called every store around and non have any 6 or even 6 plus's in stock. I can't order one because I'm traveling a LOT this time of year for work and never know when I'll be home or in the office to pick it up if I order one. I'll wait until thanksgiving and see if it's in the stores by then.

raddbj03

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I will eventually give in and want the new phone. I am skipping this year, but will probably be getting in line next year. I think I will adjust to the size....although I got rid of my Note 2 for the 5s because of the size. Who knows.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I got it. Returned it. Now I'm happy with just my new iPad instead. My 5c is perfect and hasn't let me down yet. I'll see the varieties next year in the line-up.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm in this same predicament. I LOVE my 5C but at the same time I'm interested in the screen size of the 6 too. I was gunning for the 6+ originally, but now I'm not so sure. Even at this time I'm considering going with the gold 5S.

SOOOO...ATM I'm not upgrading to anything till I'm 100% sure what I'd like to do:)

Hopefully if you upgrade you don't end up like me. Man I hated that 6 and it's glorious app crashing abilities. Going back to my 5c was a relief. I've never faced trouble with it and it's always been a joy for me to own. I'm just not willing to sacrifice what I've got and pay out the wazoo for something with the issues my 6 had. It wasn't worth it for me.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Due to finances, Im always a step or two behind the latest models, so no 6 or 6+ for me. I'm actually just now getting the 5s on a 2 yr contract. But Im very happy with that. My phone arrives Wednesday. Safe to say I will be with my gold 5s for a good long time. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully if you upgrade you don't end up like me. Man I hated that 6 and it's glorious app crashing abilities. Going back to my 5c was a relief. I've never faced trouble with it and it's always been a joy for me to own. I'm just not willing to sacrifice what I've got and pay out the wazoo for something with the issues my 6 had. It wasn't worth it for me.

Hey Sept !! I've actually decided to just stay put with my 5C for now. It more than suits my needs for what I do in a daily basis and I just love the build quality of it.....someone would have to pry it from my cold dead hands to get me to upgrade😂 lol.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, I wasn't going to, but I did. Went in yesterday to make some account changes, and get my daughters line set up.

I was originally going to put her on my BB q10, but decided to give her my 5s so I can use family share.

So far I like it better than I thought.