So for about a week now I noticed that when I charge my phone occasionally I notice that not only does the phone get warm but sometime i can feel what I believe is a small bulge towards the center of the phone, has anyone experienced this before? It seems if could be the battery however as I recall the battery sits to one side of the phone. So I'm not sure that may be the case any help would be great or if any thread already exists my apologies for double posting.
    10-04-2014 05:34 AM
    I've also been experiencing heating on my 5s since updating to iOS 8.0.2 but the issue of a bulge in your case could be a serious issue with your battery regardless if the battery is located on the side.

I would definitely get it checked out
    10-04-2014 07:52 AM
    So for about a week now I noticed that when I charge my phone occasionally I notice that not only does the phone get warm but sometime i can feel what I believe is a small bulge towards the center of the phone, has anyone experienced this before? It seems if could be the battery however as I recall the battery sits to one side of the phone. So I'm not sure that may be the case any help would be great or if any thread already exists my apologies for double posting.
    *Any* bulging during charging is a sign of a defect and possibly quite problematic. I would contact where you got your phone to a replacement unit.
    10-04-2014 07:54 AM
    I've also been experiencing heating on my 5s since updating to iOS 8.0.2 but the issue of a bulge in your case could be a serious issue with your battery regardless if the battery is located on the side.

I would definitely get it checked out
    hehehehe....we're on the same wavelength this morning!
    kataran likes this.
    10-04-2014 07:55 AM
    Its entirely possible your battery is starting to go bad.
    Excessive heat will speed up the chemical break down of the battery and when that happens the chemicals will release a gas internally and since the batteries are sealed they will start to swell up.
    Id take it somewhere to have it looked at.
    10-04-2014 03:17 PM
    Its entirely possible your battery is starting to go bad.
    Excessive heat will speed up the chemical break down of the battery and when that happens the chemicals will release a gas internally and since the batteries are sealed they will start to swell up.
    Id take it somewhere to have it looked at.
    Actually it's clearly within the warranty window. Personally, I'd exchange it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    10-04-2014 04:39 PM
    Thanks guys I'll be stopping by my local apple store tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-04-2014 06:23 PM
    Actually it's clearly within the warranty window. Personally, I'd exchange it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Im not so sure. A battery can be easily replaced at an apple store.
    If his phone has been working well, no issues with signal, processing or screen, i might be leery of getting an exchange unit unless it was brand new in the box, but then again, an apple refurb is just as good as an original. In theory.
    Also replacing a battery means no back up and restore. So its quicker in the long run.
    but im splitting hairs.
    10-06-2014 11:04 AM
    Mine is starting to bulge on the left side of the screen, and it's ever so slightly lifting the glass up a millimeter or two. I'm thinking about replacing the battery myself. Has anyone here done that before? I've seen a few YouTube videos and it doesn't look too hard as long as you have the right tools for it.
    10-15-2014 02:27 PM
    Mine is starting to bulge on the left side of the screen, and it's ever so slightly lifting the glass up a millimeter or two. I'm thinking about replacing the battery myself. Has anyone here done that before? I've seen a few YouTube videos and it doesn't look too hard as long as you have the right tools for it.
    That sounds serious it needs to be addressed ASAP

http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=296771
    10-15-2014 03:23 PM
    It is not hard at all, but why take the chance. Bring it to Apple and they will replace it.
    10-15-2014 04:13 PM
    It is not hard at all, but why take the chance. Bring it to Apple and they will replace it.
    Even if it's out of warranty which I believe mine is?
    10-15-2014 04:26 PM
    Barely out of warrantee, if you got it on launch day.

Try and see, what harm can come of it. Best outcome they replace it, worst outcome they tell you it will cost money and you can try and do it yourself.
    10-15-2014 04:55 PM
    I had a macbook pro that the battery bloated so big it broke through the trackpad and bent the metal casing off the macbook I called apple and demanded to speak to a senior advisor right away they fixed it even though the warranty had been expired for the past 4 years! Call apple and demand a senior advisor and ask them if its normal for your iPhone to swell up as big as hipo or if this is something normal with every iPhone and they will say omg this is not normal at all let's fix that even if it is out of warrenty and they expedite shipping too over fed ex overnight. call apple and never do something about a bloated battery let apple know that they made a mistake and let them take care of it I ended up with a brand new macbook pro and you could end up with a new iphone as well

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-19-2014 01:38 AM