I would like to purchase the iPhone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but need some feedback on the product. Can anyone help?

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
May buy the Iphone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but have some questions.

I don't drive and take public transit or I walk to get around. Also I have season tickets to the Edmonton Eskimos and there may be a game or 2 where it may be snowing or raining.

With that said and with winter coming, I am looking for a good case that will protect my phone from the occasional water on the device or if I drop it in the snow (but quickly pick it up).

The only case I can see that I can get up here in Canada (retail) is the life proof case. More specifically, I am interesting in the nuud case for my 5s (may get one for my iPad mini as well).

However, I am concerned about the following that I hope someone can answer for me. They are:

1) how muffled or quiet is the microphone on the bottom once the case covers it. Can the person on the other end hear you clearly?:confused:

2) How many times do you need to open up the case to test the waterproof seal? I don't want to open it every month to test it.:confused:

3) Finally, how quiet does the speaker get with the life proof case on?:confused:

Any other tips or feedback that you can give me that would be wonderful as I am planning to buy the case (as well as the iPad Mini NUUD case) tomorrow. :)

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: May buy the Iphone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but have some questions.

1. I couldn't tell a difference.
2. I never checked mine after the initial test.
3. I couldn't tell a difference.

Mind you, the case will give the 5s the same footprint as a caseless iPhone 6.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: May buy the Iphone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but have some questions.

1. I couldn't tell a difference.
2. I never checked mine after the initial test.
3. I couldn't tell a difference.

Mind you, the case will give the 5s the same footprint as a caseless iPhone 6.

I know, that's why i was hoping to get a case that does the same but smaller. Guess not, thanks for the response, will buy it tomorrow.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
May buy the Iphone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but have some q...

Look at the otter box preserver. I love it sounds way better then the life proof. Every life proof I have had Is muffled.

Last edited:

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: May buy the Iphone 5s Lifeproof NUUD case for the winter time but have some q...

Look at the otter box preserver. I love it sounds way better then the life proof. Every life proof I have had Is muffled.

I'll see if i can find it tomorrow as I hate ordering stuff online.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Check out your local future shop and best buy. Our best buy before they closed let us try them out. The life proof and otter box are both the same.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Check out your local future shop and best buy. Our best buy before they closed let us try them out. The life proof and otter box are both the same.

Got a future shop in my walking distance from home so that'll be my second store after Wal-mart (never know). Thanks.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Ok, i bought the case and did the water test and it appear to pass. Now i'm having a problem trying to open up the case and not breaking it. Need help big time.

Edit: Nevermind, got it open and put my phone in. Sound quality is great, but it seems i'm a bit quiet when talking to someone. Not sure which setting it was to make it better. So far so good, not as bulky as I though it would be. Touch Id is working after redoing my finger prints. Accessing control panel is no problems.

Last edited:

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, i bought the case and did the water test and it appear to pass. Now i'm having a problem trying to open up the case and not breaking it. Need help big time.

Edit: Nevermind, got it open and put my phone in. Sound quality is great, but it seems i'm a bit quiet when talking to someone. Not sure which setting it was to make it better. So far so good, not as bulky as I though it would be. Touch Id is working after redoing my finger prints. Accessing control panel is no problems.

The sound that is quiter is not a flaw with the vase it's the water proof material. I went with the otter box preserver as it doesn't muffle as much as the life proof.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

The sound that is quiter is not a flaw with the vase it's the water proof material. I went with the otter box preserver as it doesn't muffle as much as the life proof.

Tried it this morning and it is much better. Assuming it was still a bit wet from the water test yesterday. Love this case..a lot slimmer and easier to handle than i though it would be. However, like all screen protectors before, I messed it up, which isn't a big deal to me though.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

Tried it this morning and it is much better. Assuming it was still a bit wet from the water test yesterday. Love this case..a lot slimmer and easier to handle than i though it would be. However, like all screen protectors before, I messed it up, which isn't a big deal to me though.

I got a invisible shield from zagg and cut
It down and was the easiest install I ever had.

bjoostema

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

If you find the audio lacking still, turning on the hearing aid option under accessibility helps out a lot. It turns off the mic in the back that is used for noise cancellation and makes the audio much more crisp in the case, because science. I have both the Fre and Nuud and this works good for me on both.