Upgrade to ios 8.0.2 or stay with 7

kzimmy50

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to ios 8 but hated it and had so many freezing problems that i went back to ios 7. Now that I can't downgrade again since apple stop signing ios 7 should I just bite the bullet and upgrade? Or wait for a few more updates?

kzimmy50

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
No lag opening apps? My apps would be so much slower opening and functioning. I am just wondering if the ios 7 is really as far as the 5s can go

isen

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed iOS 8 OTA with no issues, and I liked what I saw. Everything seemed to work well at first. Later discovered that my car audio system would no longer read my (tagged) iTunes library. Bluetooth became buggy. Everything had always worked perfectly with iOS 7.x.x. Also, later discovered that the iPhone Settings App would crash when trying to Manage Storage. [personal note: imho; The settings app should NEVER crash, for any reason]. Fortunately, I was able to downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2 while Apple was still signing. Restored as new, and re-setup everything as it was before (but better :)) using iClould & iTunes. I'm going to miss voice text messaging, and whatever else, I don't know.

Am looking forward to my future iOS 8.x.x upgrade. This will happen when I'm assured that the (2013) car player works without issue (will check this in the user forums). I think I can wait until iOS 8.1, whenever that may be. Until then... I'm continuing to enjoy and appreciate my perfectly working without any issue, iPhone 5S rocking iOS 7.1.2 Color me happy, with (probably) an iPhone 6S in my future. -Rob

kamal shelley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Just stay with ios7. Do not update to iOS 8.0.2. There are still a lot of bugs in this. My flashlight stops working, got blue death screen twice while playing games, Settings crashes upto twice on daily basis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro