iPhone 5s iOS 8 problem

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So i woke up this morning, and my iPhone 5s on iOS 8 and my screen was dark black, and dim. So i obviously went and tried to reboot it, but that didn't help. I then plugged it out of the charger and it went off, and refused to turn on.
Then i put the charger on, and it went to the Apple Logo and exactly three seconds later the screen was dim again, and i couldn't do anything. I tried connecting to iTunes, it detected it in Recovery Mode and i tried restoring but i kept getting Error 9.
I don't know whats wrong with my phone, if someone tries to call that number, it rings and says the user isn't picking up but the phone doesn't work whatsoever. So i'm technically stuck with a very expensive brick.
So heres everything i've already done so far -
1. reboot the phone (soft and hard)
2. tried to restore
3. hit the phone on my palm thinking that would work -.-
4. left it on charge for 4 hours
And i've had no success whatsoever.
I don't want to go to Apple just yet because i just got this phone replaced the 8th time last week, and i really don't want to buy my tempered glass screen shields and everything again :(

Any ideas?
Please let me know :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you try putting it in DFU mode connecting to iTunes?
Update: Got beat to the punch! :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
So I took the phone into Apple, and got the most surprising news ever.
Apparently my motherboard got short circuited which then made the manager come out and inspect the phone as if it were a jewel.
15minutes later I walked out of the store with a brand new iPhone, not a 5s. A 6.
Love you apple.
Thanks to everyone who gave their input!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I took the phone into Apple, and got the most surprising news ever.
Apparently my motherboard got short circuited which then made the manager come out and inspect the phone as if it were a jewel.
15minutes later I walked out of the store with a brand new iPhone, not a 5s. A 6.
Love you apple.
Thanks to everyone who gave their input!

Don't get better than that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner