iOS 8 Bugs

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My Calendar in the Notification Center displays the wrong event or doesn't display an upcoming event. Didn't work right on iOS 8. Rebooted the phone. The right event displayed for that day, then the following day it kept displaying the event from yesterday. Updated to iOS 8.0.2 and did a restore. Same issue. Rebooted the phone. It now displays the corrects events for the day. But I'm thinking come tomorrow, it will still be showing events from today unless I reboot the phone again.

This is only a problem with my 5S on iOS 8 and 8.0.2. My Calendar in the Notifications Center on my iPad Air on iOS 8 and currently on 8.0.2 is working well. Pretty irritating.

gp48

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Phone now sticks in Landscape mode, mostly for texting. Takes turning it around a few times to take it back to vertical.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 5 gets stuck in landscape mode just about anywhere, if I hold it just right. I have to push the home button to get it out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For 2 days now, the keyboard does not come up in messages. (see screen shot) this occurs on all the threads I have open. The only way to bring it up, is to swipe the Messages app out of the app switcher (background apps). Then when I go back, I can bring it up. The keyboard also has been freezing up in messages. I'm using SwiftKey, so the freezing may be the app. Not sure about no keyboard at all though. Here's what I get:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412515933.350681.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this a bug or not. Last night I was texting someone with predictive text enabled. When I would get to certain words or pause for a second a voice would predict the next word. I couldn't find any options to turn this off. I turned off my device and then turned it back on and everything was back to normal.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
In regards to the keyboards, I have noticed with third party keyboards and with a physical bluetooth keyboard that I cannot reply within the banner notifications. I also have a hard time with the Tapatalk app. I can reply just fine, but when I quote someone, it brings up a different box that doesn't allow my text to automatically reflow to the next line.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Never mind it looks like the Swype keyboard works with it. That's awesome. I will be using this keyboard from now on then.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW