iOS 8 Bugs

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well Anniversaries are not showing up in the Calendar app as does Birthdays.
I was hoping it would be added in iOS8
Good Luck

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well Anniversaries are not showing up in the Calendar app as does Birthdays.
I was hoping it would be added in iOS8
Good Luck

If I may say so, the calendar app needs a complete refresh.
But silly question, are you sure it's added in the contact?
I checked my calendar, and I see mine. Now whether or not I get a reminder is another thing.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
If I may say so, the calendar app needs a complete refresh.
But silly question, are you sure it's added in the contact?
I checked my calendar, and I see mine. Now whether or not I get a reminder is another thing.

Yes it's in my contacts.
What am I missing?
TIA

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's in my contacts.
What am I missing?
TIA

That's strange, maybe try deleting one and re add it. And see if it puts it back in your calendar.
I probably should have asked what calendar you're syncing to. I am using Gmail if that helps, maybe you can try that.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks for the reply joemd60,
I'm syncing Apple native calendar and contacts.
I just deleted the date and added it back but still no success.
TIA

edit: I think the problem is that "Anniversaries" is not one of my calendars appearing so I can "check" it to appear.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Tks for the reply joemd60,
I'm syncing Apple native calendar and contacts.
I just deleted the date and added it back but still no success.
TIA

You're welcome, I wish I knew what was wrong. While extreme, maybe try resetting your device.
Hopefully someone here can chime in with a solution.
Keep us posted please.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You're welcome, I wish I knew what was wrong. While extreme, maybe try resetting your device.
Hopefully someone here can chime in with a solution.
Keep us posted please.

I just don't think it available for the native apps. It was not available in iOS7.
I just looked in my calendar preferences on my MacBook Air and it not even showing as one to check.
Tks anyway.
Good Luck

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just don't think it available for the native apps. It was not available in iOS7.
I just looked in my calendar preferences on my MacBook Air and it not even showing as one to check.
Tks anyway.
Good Luck

You also got me thinking. Because my Gmail calendar fortunately shows the birthdays and Anniversaries.
I have my contact info from Gmail auto syncing to Outlook, so I decided to look at the options in Outlook calendar.
In Outlook, only the birthdays show on the calendar.
And also, there is not an option to check off for anniversaries.
If it's an option for you, why not create a Gmail account, and sync that way?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Tks joeMD,
I only sync my Gmail with my Apple devices.
I migrated all of my contacts, calendars, tasks some time ago.
But thanks for the suggestion.
Good Luck

Parth Joshi1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This happens in iMessage too when viewing a picture. Just discovered that the same thing happens in the Facebook app 😒 i wish I hadn't updated my iPhone to iOS 8 ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411552434.693278.jpg

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If you call up a specific Note via Siri and then click on the note it doesn't take you to that exact note but the last note that you were looking at in the App. iOS seven didn't do this. Very annoying.

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, flexsy doesn't want to work. The setup app keeps crashing & the keyboard itself won't load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
The Apple Store app will not open. I keep getting this screen the last two days.
I even went as far to uninstall the app, and reload it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411666270.197473.jpg

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No major issues to report, but I don't know if that has to do with me restoring my phone as opposed to updating OTA?

I have noticed that my battery life has gotten noticeably worse though. I have about 15-20% less life remaining at the end of my work day than I ever used to. Not using my phone any more than usual and according to my usage data, no one app is the culprit.

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Wifi at home keeps randomly disconnecting or the phone won't even recognize the network. My battery drains right before my eyes. I have used all of the suggestions for extended battery life to no avail. The do not disturb icon is really faint on the home screen and bright on the lock screen (minor, but still)

thunder33cat

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same wifi issue on 8.0.2. Very frustrating.

Wifi at home keeps randomly disconnecting or the phone won't even recognize the network. My battery drains right before my eyes. I have used all of the suggestions for extended battery life to no avail. The do not disturb icon is really faint on the home screen and bright on the lock screen (minor, but still)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox