iOS 8 Bugs

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
?When viewing full-sized pics under iMessage the status bar stays showing.
?Sometimes I can't slide notification banners away- they just STAY there until I either double click the home button or go to the notification.
?Apps constantly crashing (even stock apps: safari and others)
?3rd party keyboards suck
?5S isn't as snappy...

Any fixes? I've already reset all settings and did a complete restore... This is the most aggravating update.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The notification banner is more about the 3rd party app being updated.

I can't give you a fix for 3rd party keyboards sucking since that's pretty subjective.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed my phone not being as snappy however I have noticed a few other things:

Sometimes when I launch the phone dialer, my phone will admit a loud constant tone until I force close the dialer and restart it.

iMessage: I have a group with my brother and sisters and ever since iOS8 it will create 2 groups. Sometimes your message will be in one group, sometimes the other.

Sometimes when I am typing and turn my phone to landscape only half the keyboard will work. Force close the app and restart fixes it.

Battery life has went to crap

I know Apple will fix issues with future updates but these are some of the things that I am experiencing at the moment.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My phone has done this weird thing where applications will just start on their own I have gone ahead and reset the phone though and that solved it, YouTube is still the most noticeable culprit, when switching from land scape mode in a video to small view and the top search bar sticks into the top status bar.

As shown here....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411268052.684253.jpg

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The notification banner is more about the 3rd party app being updated.

I can't give you a fix for 3rd party keyboards sucking since that's pretty subjective.

With the stock messaging app. I don't use any third party apps that really utilize the banners except Instagram. It just sticks there like not able to slide up and dismiss. You think that would have something to do with updating the app? It's the same action from iOS 7.1.2...

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
My phone has done this weird thing where applications will just start on their own I have gone ahead and reset the phone though and that solved it, YouTube is still the most noticeable culprit, when switching from land scape mode in a video to small view and the top search bar sticks into the top status bar.

As shown here....

View attachment 65384

This has happened once for me. My screen has got stuck in landscape 3 times as well but my status bar sticks in messages, YouTube and sometimes Instagram.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I have not noticed my phone not being as snappy however I have noticed a few other things:

Sometimes when I launch the phone dialer, my phone will admit a loud constant tone until I force close the dialer and restart it.

iMessage: I have a group with my brother and sisters and ever since iOS8 it will create 2 groups. Sometimes your message will be in one group, sometimes the other.

Sometimes when I am typing and turn my phone to landscape only half the keyboard will work. Force close the app and restart fixes it.

Battery life has went to crap

I know Apple will fix issues with future updates but these are some of the things that I am experiencing at the moment.

iMessage and those groups are the most annoying. People are confused when you add them to a group because it makes two conversations.... This is bad...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I enter my 4 digit password to open my phone, it takes about 10 seconds for my home screen to show.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Disagree about the third party keyboards sucking. Swift key is awesome.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Having to sign into iCloud more often.
As of today, my battery life has gotten worse.
Sometimes apps force close.
As I always say, I am confident with Apple getting updates to fix bugs, that's what I like about IOS.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Disagree about the third party keyboards sucking. Swift key is awesome.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
I like SwiftKey, but Apple restricts certain places where it can't see. Like the App Store or your bank app. It makes good sense, but is a pain to switch keyboards often. I've started using Launcher. It gives me shortcuts to keyboards and other areas in settings. They show on a widget in the Notification Center. Makes switching much faster.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro