Glad I went with the 5S last week

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Since I had to go to the mall anyways, I went to the Apple store as well to buy something else (high rise stand/dock for my desk). I was kinda surprised that they let me in since there was still a huge lineup for the iPhone 6/6+.

So, naturally the first thing I did was pick up the demo units of the 6 and the 6+ to see how good I can handle them with my right hand. Just as I suspected, the 6+ was too big for me to handle and had to use 2 hands to almost do anything on the screen. to reach the first row of icons on top, I had to either a) adjust my grip so my thumb can reach the the icons; or b) use two hands. Almost instantly, I knew the 5.5 inch screen was too big for me as a phone.

With the 4.7 inch iPhone 6, it wasn't as bad as the 6+; however, I still had to either adjust my grip so my thumb can reach the first row of icons, or, use 2 hands. I tried to do the feature so the screen slides down a bit, but found it a bit to cumbersome for me to use.

Overall, I'm really happy that I didn't wait for the iPhone 6/6+ and gone with the 5S. I love the 4inch screen and all the apps and games runs fantastic.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll check out the iPhone 6 at some point. But like you I really like the size of my 5s. Running iOS 8 is fantastic and I'm not interested in any other device.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll check out the iPhone 6 at some point. But like you I really like the size of my 5s. Running iOS 8 is fantastic and I'm not interested in any other device.

My 5s and IOS 8 are really running great together. But I have the itch to see the 6.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid of walking into the apple store.... I know if I'm there all reason goes out the window and I'll end up with a new phone =(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am perfectly content with my 5s, and to me...as of now...this is the PERFECT size for a phone. That being said, I thought the same thing about the 4s before going to the 5, so we shall see how I feel once I handle the 6.

I am excited to check out the 6 and 6+, and actually handle them...but I am going to hold off for a bit until the initial interest wears down and I don't have to wait in line to try one out!

I am most likely going to hold on to my 5s for another 10-12 months, then decide whether or not to go for a 6 or 6s.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am perfectly content with my 5s, and to me...as of now...this is the PERFECT size for a phone. That being said, I thought the same thing about the 4s before going to the 5, so we shall see how I feel once I handle the 6.

I am excited to check out the 6 and 6+, and actually handle them...but I am going to hold off for a bit until the initial interest wears down and I don't have to wait in line to try one out!

I am most likely going to hold on to my 5s for another 10-12 months, then decide whether or not to go for a 6 or 6s.

That's my plan. Next October, my contract is done with telus and I can go wherever I want. But I may stay with my 5s next year, we'll see.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a 5S w/ 32 gig on the Friday before Labor Day. Verizon had a weekend offer of 50% off at $149, plus I got $100 trade-in on my 4S. My contract was up a week later and they wanted me back for 2 years. The extra memory made this device perfect especially as I have about 8 gig of music so the headroom is very useful.

I love the Touch ID function best, especially as I had only recently started to lock my phone. I also like the additional length and have never wanted a larger phone. I think the 4S and now the added length of the 5S is about perfect, thus didn't want a 6.

iOS 8 is OK, I like the keyboard with the predictive typing. Not liking that the phone as well as my iPad Mini are taking a hit with battery life. We'll see if they get that squared away. Safari has seemingly slowed a bit as well.

Good phone though, the best yet I've owned.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an iPhone 5S 64Gb Space Grey myself yesterday too! I purchased a Kate Spade strip case for it at the Apple Store and then went home and went to Apple.com and reviewed the comments on this item and it was not favorable! The silicone bumper that is inside of the lining gets dirty and cannot be cleaned. It show the dirty on the case. Now I have to go back and return it! Went case shopping on the internet and ended up buying a Spigen clear slim case with screen film protector included on Ebay just $10.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner