Iphone 5s & facebook

vickiwelde

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago I noticed that on my iphone 5s facebook was no longer allowing me to hide posts on my news feed. The arrow in top right corner of post is no longer there giving me the option to hide posts on my news feed. I tried deleting app and reinstalling 3 or 4 times when this first happened, I have looked at settings over and over, I have googled, I finally broke down and called Apple today who says they "cannot help me with 3rd party apps", called AT&T store same thing "cannot help me with 3rd party apps", called AT&T (the big place) same thing "cannot help me with 3rd party apps", called facebook recording says they do not have a customer support department??????? Apple did tell me that facebook had an update yesterday so I updated, no luck, then I deleted app and reinstalled with still no luck. Has anyone had this issue? I would greatly welcome and deeply appreciate any and all suggestions. Thank you all so much! :crying:

vickiwelde

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you JustMe'd for your reply. Yes, I googled several FB links, I don't feel it has been discontinued because it is still on my iPad and laptop also, the FB app for iPhone has a picture of post and it shows the little down arrow in the top right corner of post. I find things on FB search and in settings but just telling you how to hide posts well.... I know that just nothing telling me what to do if you don't have the button anymore or how to get it back. Very frustrating.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have that down arrow with the option that reads "I don't want to see this" in the Facebook app on my iPhone 5s on iOS8. So I don't think that functionality was removed.

No idea why you are seeing in on yours.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I still have that down arrow with the option that reads "I don't want to see this" in the Facebook app on my iPhone 5s on iOS8. So I don't think that functionality was removed.

No idea why you are seeing in on yours.

Yup, I see it on mine too.

But there have been times where I would post something, and then want to edit it and that function is unavailable. Most times it's fine, but every now and then I would go to edit something, and that option is not available on the post.

Its odd. Probably just glitches in the FB app...?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2