Who will be staying with the 5S?

JeevesVic

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying with the 5S. I've got AppleCare in case anything happens with my phone. I'll be another to add to wait for the 6S.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Been going back and forth. Even preordered the iPhone 6 plus in space grey 128 GBs of goodness. But then realized that I really don't need to spend the extra cash to get something I really don't need. I have the iPad Air to address my big screen needs and I have the 5S that does the rest. I'm happy for now. I was also thinking of switching carriers, but I thought better of that too. I have no issues with AT&T. But I was tempting by the unlimited data by T-Mobile. But I don't need unlimited data either. I just need a network that I can count on and that has been AT&T.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of keeping the 5S but the 6 ain't bad at all. That device just is ok in my hands

Sent from my iPhone 5S Gold

Inkymycat

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 4s which has been a great phone until I upgraded to ios 7.1.xx. I wanted a larger iphone screen but wasn't happy with the iphone specs or there lack of. I will wait for the iphone 6s or 7.

Last night I bought an iPhone 5s so it will be a vast improvement for my slow 4s. I also didn't have the money to buy the unlocked 128 gig phone. I'll wait until I'm better suited and have the money saved.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for an iPhone 6 mini, next year maybe instead of a C.

Posted via iMore App

Most of the people I know who use iPhones are split on the new sizes; one group really likes to bigger screens and the others are saying they will never buy a phone with a bigger screen than the 5s. It would make sense that the 6c would be the size of the current 5s.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the population that will have the hardest transition will be runners and gym goers used to having the phone strapped to their arms.

4.7" would probably work, but I think 5.5" would be too bulky. For that reason I may just get the 5S.

The 64GB refurbed models is on att for $199. That's a pretty good deal that might go down a dollar or two more on the 19th.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I think the population that will have the hardest transition will be runners and gym goers used to having the phone strapped to their arms.

4.7" would probably work, but I think 5.5" would be too bulky. For that reason I may just get the 5S.

The 64GB refurbed models is on att for $199. That's a pretty good deal that might go down a dollar or two more on the 19th.

I do think that it will be a slight issue with runners. Although I usually put my phone in my pocket, I do see how having it strapped to your arm could feel awkward. However, I do see people with Notes strapped to their arms. So maybe it isn't that bad.

AmazingGraceTx

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to the hoopla with the iPhone 6, I was able to grab a 32GB iphone 5S for zero down. I still owed on my 16G iPhone 5, but the trade in was higher than what I owed. I never mind having a generation back phone. I'm happy with more space and a wifi calling ready device.

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Been going back and forth. Even preordered the iPhone 6 plus in space grey 128 GBs of goodness. But then realized that I really don't need to spend the extra cash to get something I really don't need. I have the iPad Air to address my big screen needs and I have the 5S that does the rest. I'm happy for now. I was also thinking of switching carriers, but I thought better of that too. I have no issues with AT&T. But I was tempting by the unlimited data by T-Mobile. But I don't need unlimited data either. I just need a network that I can count on and that has been AT&T.

Go get with Straight Talk. They run MVNOs on every major carrier. I'm using an iPhone 5S from AT&T on Straight Talk via a SIM card programmed to operate on AT&Ts network. $45 a month gets you unlimited talk, text, and 3GB of LTE. After the 3GB cap you get throttled. APNs program themselves on the iPhone. I literally cannot recommend another cell provider. Tech support is outsourced to idiots, but that's the only catch I've had. Prepaid too.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely not lol. Got mine pre-order {6 plus} and can't wait. There are some nice upgrades, from camera to display, and I actually like the design better. However, I'll miss the small size for texting only. It'll be nice to view content in full 1080p, and be able to read an article without pinch to zoom everywhere.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
May upgrade after all, and keep my 5s as my traveller phone.

There's no justification whatsoever for this other than that I like having the latest toy. The 5s is doing great. (Well, the apps lag a bit on iOS 8 Gold Master, but that's because they haven't been updated yet for the new OS release.)

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm good. A big reason I went back to the iPhone and dumped my Nexus was size. The iPhone 5 form factor is perfect for me. Nothing else offered is compelling enough to give up my 5S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'll more than likely stick with my 5S. Should still run good till the 6S and 6S plus release next year. I'm more looking at the watch and seeing if that is something I want.

jbergsing

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
With 17 months still on my contract, I'm looking forward to next year's iPhone event... :-(

I do love my silver 64gb iPhone 5s, though...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Decided again to order the iPhone 6 plus. It's been torture going back and forth but I finally decided to do it. Of course I won't be getting it til November but that's ok. It will give me time to get the card in that I want. In the meantime I will have fun with iOS 8. By the way, really digging Swype on the iPad. It had really enhanced the experience on my iPad. One of the best features Apple brought iOS.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 5s. I don't think I can justify the new phone, since the only major thing it has is a big screen, something I've been able to avoid the temptation for ever since I bought my first iPhone. I mean, the large screen and better battery is all good and stuff, but the 5s still holds it's own performance-wise and the biggest features are mostly software. Plus, the 6 doesn't look as beautiful as the 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
i just got mine yesterday, after using galaxy note 3 for a year, and i really tired holding big screen, so maybe i will stick with 5s, :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 5s. I don't think I can justify the new phone, since the only major thing it has is a big screen, something I've been able to avoid the temptation for ever since I bought my first iPhone. I mean, the large screen and better battery is all good and stuff, but the 5s still holds it's own performance-wise and the biggest features are mostly software. Plus, the 6 doesn't look as beautiful as the 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would tell you to go to the store and hold one. I agree, the 6 doesn't look as good, but it feels good in the hand. I like what they did with the screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner