Who will be staying with the 5S?

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with the 5S. Owning an iPad gives me no reason for a bigger screen (its 3G enabled to boot) and owning an iPod classic gives me no reason for more storage. If I read it right the A8 is clocked at 1.4GHz compared to the 1.3GHz clock speed of my 5S, RAM I think is the same, and while I accept that the 64 bit jazz has yet to have any serious impact on mobile, it's every bit as capable as the 6/6 Plus. If either had included a stylus though I would be more tempted.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll be sticking with my 5S... We'll see. Seeing and holding a 6 or 6+ in person could change that though...

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Not that I have much of a choice in the matter, but I'm also sticking with the 5s and I don't mind.

The size feels right and I'm sure the vast majority of apps (not counting games here) will probably work just as fine on the 5s for a long time.
Might get an Apple Watch, mostly because I haven't found a comfortable way of going running with a phone, but on the other hand I really dislike wearing watches.

Either way, the 5s is here to stay for me. At least until the 6s. ;)

elmacho

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 doesn`t seem a compelling upgrade to me as i didn`t really need a larger screen,the extra space also don`t seem to have been utilised very well, as they are just scaling the new apps to the larger screen on the 6 while introducing the horizontal mode and a different layout on the 6 plus."Reachability"too just seems to be a stop gap measure until they find something better.Battery improvement is negligible and the camera also hasn`t seen that much of an improvement on the 6.

I don`t really need a phablet either as i have a laptop,maybe that might change in the future..so will be sticking onto 5s for atleast another year.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly tempted to stay with the 5s. The 6 and 6 Plus seem ugly to me, and the larger size isn't really wanted.

OTOH, the longer battery life...

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I believe I'm going to stay with my 5s for now maybe early December get the 6. But it seems like a lot of people are leaning towards the 6+

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopsrr

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, we're staying with the 5S. Mainly because we just got ours this past weekend, but also because the new 6 and 6+ is too Samsung-ish. We don't particularly care for the new design or size.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
So I know Apple plans to continue selling the 5S but will they continue to make them or are they just going to deplete the existing inventory.
TIA

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So I know Apple plans to continue selling the 5S but will they continue to make them or are they just going to deplete the existing inventory.
TIA

I didn't hear them say discontinued like they did the iPhone 5 last year. I'm wondering the same thing

Ste Wilkins1

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The 5S is going to continue for another year at least in both 16GB & 32GB to start with, then they probably drop the 32GB version sometime next year and just continue with the 16GB version.

As it been shown the 5S isn't that much slower than the 4.7" 6, so those who decided to keep the 5S for another year until the 6S are making a wise decision I think.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I haven't fully decided yet. Since I'm in the att next plan I'll have to pay the full cost if the phone in payments, so I don't get the subsidy break. I kinda want to play with the 6 and 6 plus first, but I fear if I don't preorder right away it'll be a while before I could just walk into a store and pick one up.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I will be staying with the 5S for a while didn't see anything that impressed me about the six except the larger screen.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I am staying with the 5s as well for all the reasons already stated.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Also staying with the 5s. One reason for me is the size. Another one is the specs of the 6 and the phablet. The jump isn't high enough. Will wait for the 6s and who knows? There might be a 4" 6s. Else, it'll be the 4.7 6s for me

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with the 5S until my contract is done in Sept 2015. Maybe beyond that. Can't imagine accessorizing a 6/6+ now with a Mophie and other cases way too soon for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro