If you plan on buying the iPhone 6 on launch just wait a little.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to buy the iPhone 6. Probably not immediately. But I'm sure I'll end up having it. And if it comes in two different sizes, I might end up buying both. Even though I already have a 5S. I'm going to buy them because I have a lot of money and I get to spend it however I please.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Those who can upgrade, will. No true Apple fans say "oh, I'll just wait for the next one", or "I'll wait till all the bugs are worked out". If we can, we get it day one ! We know we're getting a good product out of the box. Might be an ugly looking design (iphone6) but a great product.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those who can upgrade, will. No true Apple fans say "oh, I'll just wait for the next one", or "I'll wait till all the bugs are worked out". If we can, we get it day one ! We know we're getting a good product out of the box. Might be an ugly looking design (iphone6) but a great product.

Ah no. I disagree with you. Your first sentence disputes the rest. What about the people who cannot upgrade? Are they not true Apple fans if they purchased on a subsidy and have to wait for the probable 6S?

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
there is only one thing?
those who cant afford to buy expensive iphones, they wait and make excuses, rich people dont think too much in price and buy it right next day of launch? simple? so no use of explaining to everyone that they should wait for iphone 6 or 6s?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
As we all know the iPhone 6 will be in some of our hands by the end of the month, but those that are planning on buying at launch I say wait a little while before buying.

Here why.

First up the screen with it being 4.7" and most apps are now catered towards 4", it will take some while before everybody will have apps catered for the 4.7" screen, remember how long it took some to update their apps for iOS7, some still haven't yet.

Manufacturing defects, usually when a brand new bit of tech ie a phone ect comes to the market, there are always one or two problems that may arise on launch be it software or hardware, I've always found waiting a couple of months after launch is usually the best time to buy, as any launch software bugs are usually sorted by then, if it hardware problems then a recall might be needed, it's always better just to sit back and be patient, rather than rushing out just to be the first.

5S owners, seriously i would wait for the 6S, I personally don't think the iPhone 6 is going to offer anything more than what the current 5S can currently do even moreso if it remains at 1GB of ram, only new features other than the larger screen is quicker wifi and NFC & slightly better camera.

As it stands now the 5S is still very much future proof for another year at least & be the last truly compact smartphone, the 6S will improve alot over the 6 and be a much more better upgrade over the 5S next year.

So those are my thoughts why it better to wait if you have anything to add then please do.
Thanks for wasting your time. I just love it when people dispense advice on stuff that doesn't even exist yet ... for what its worth I'd be enjoying the 5.5 iPhone 6 right now if it was available! :rolleyes:

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
As we all know the iPhone 6 will be in some of our hands by the end of the month, but those that are planning on buying at launch I say wait a little while before buying.

Here why.

First up the screen with it being 4.7" and most apps are now catered towards 4", it will take some while before everybody will have apps catered for the 4.7" screen, remember how long it took some to update their apps for iOS7, some still haven't yet.

Manufacturing defects, usually when a brand new bit of tech ie a phone ect comes to the market, there are always one or two problems that may arise on launch be it software or hardware, I've always found waiting a couple of months after launch is usually the best time to buy, as any launch software bugs are usually sorted by then, if it hardware problems then a recall might be needed, it's always better just to sit back and be patient, rather than rushing out just to be the first.

5S owners, seriously i would wait for the 6S, I personally don't think the iPhone 6 is going to offer anything more than what the current 5S can currently do even moreso if it remains at 1GB of ram, only new features other than the larger screen is quicker wifi and NFC & slightly better camera.

As it stands now the 5S is still very much future proof for another year at least & be the last truly compact smartphone, the 6S will improve alot over the 6 and be a much more better upgrade over the 5S next year.

So those are my thoughts why it better to wait if you have anything to add then please do.

You do realize that there is a chance that there is no evidence backing any of the leaked features true.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
there is only one thing?
those who cant afford to buy expensive iphones, they wait and make excuses, rich people dont think too much in price and buy it right next day of launch? simple? so no use of explaining to everyone that they should wait for iphone 6 or 6s?

I think he's saying to wait after the launch for a little while, and buy after they get all the bugs fixed, not wait for the next generation of phone :)

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
well i understood his point and myself feel same but i already tried this thing to explain about new iphone and i got same answer what i wrote above? so i was saying normally that maximum people think same who have money or who can afford to buy new iphone easily ever year, even at this time i bought 5s gold when prices are dropped maximum coz i cant spend heavy amount on these smartphones, we have to think twice before spending money but explaining this thing to everyone is of no use and its like giving chance to people insulting us in status n prestige n making fool of us, thats it, otherwise my intention was not to hurt anyone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...I don't think anyone was insulting anyone in "status or prestige". Honestly, the only presumptive attitudes and comments in this whole thread are coming from people who AREN'T buying the new iPhone or who are advising against it...saying how it's a waste of money with an "S" model coming next year and how people shouldn't buy the new device immediately. I still can't understand why anyone would feel it was any of their personal business whether a person wanted to be an early adopter or not, and why they feel their valuation of things should be shared by everyone.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
manufacture defects happen with anything thats just new off market. just saying phones tvs laptops anything they all have defects. i think back to my nexus 7 device i had. i loved orginal i got it while after it was new. i got new one day was released i had go thru like 5exchanges after that i swore never buy a nexus device ever again in my life. about the apps not working on bigger screen i can see what you mean. wouldnt they just be like distorted or blurry or something ?

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
everyone has different thinking? that guy posted according to his view and people taking that comment in wrong direction, he is correct in his view but those who can afford to buy, they will always comment against him only, n thats true, anyways i dont want to get in this matter now lolz, this thread will go long in discussion, its better to stop here from my side, cheers and have fun with your idevices?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
everyone has different thinking… that guy posted according to his view and people taking that comment in wrong direction, he is correct in his view but those who can afford to buy, they will always comment against him only, n thats true, anyways i dont want to get in this matter now lolz, this thread will go long in discussion, its better to stop here from my side, cheers and have fun with your idevices…

Nobody took it in the wrong direction...he applied opinion as a general guideline everyone should follow, and people simply told him that that really didn't make much sense. A person who decides to refrain from buying a device because they don't feel like it's worth it doesn't have to justify that to anyone...whether it be because of their financial situation or simply because of their preference...but trying to tell everyone that this approach is the one we should all take is silly, which is why people responded the way they did.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
manufacture defects happen with anything thats just new off market. just saying phones tvs laptops anything they all have defects. i think back to my nexus 7 device i had. i loved orginal i got it while after it was new. i got new one day was released i had go thru like 5exchanges after that i swore never buy a nexus device ever again in my life. about the apps not working on bigger screen i can see what you mean. wouldnt they just be like distorted or blurry or something ?

The app would only look blurry as long as the aspect ratio is the same, but people will still complain about it in the app reviews...

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the 5s and plan to wait. I very much agree with the OP, I got the iPad Air on launch day and suffered through it crashing and rebooting until 3 months later, when an update for it finally came out.

Besides I feel that the 5/5s is perfect size for me. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

It's funny because people who had the 4/4s also said it was the "perfect size" until the 5/5s came out and then that became the "perfect size". Wouldn't surprise me if the 6 now becomes the "perfect size" just like the previous ones.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny because people who had the 4/4s also said it was the "perfect size" until the 5/5s came out and then that became the "perfect size". Wouldn't surprise me if the 6 now becomes the "perfect size" just like the previous ones.

I still think the 4S was one of the best phones I have ever had (design wise)...and at the time, I truly did feel like it was the perfect size. When the iPhone 5 came out, I simply moved with the herd, so to speak. I never had a desire for a larger device, but when that's the only option, what can you do? This is another situation where there's simply a lack of option...and honestly, I think you could only make the point that people felt it was the "perfect size" as the bigger iPhone 5 if there was also a smaller device with the new features available and nobody bought it, otherwise it's just forced migration.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

And I think you're right on the money!!! Somebody just predicted the future ...

Jude34

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If I could upgrade on my current 2 year plan with Verizon I would. I was there on launch day a year ago for my beautiful space gray 5S and that was fun,... That said since I cannot upgrade I'll be waiting for the 6S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPandorum

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I plan on buying the 6. The 6s or any "s" versions to me are upgrades that have minor improvements. Remember we started on a iPhone not an iPhone S. So normally the huge upgrades come out during then and the tweaks come out for the "s" versions. By then why upgrade? Bc in less than a year the newest upgrade on that will come out. I already have plans on waking up early to preorder and pick up in the store. I will say I won't upgrade IF the 5.5 inch iPhone comes out later. I think that will be crappy if you have to wait but to me the 5.5 inch screen will most likely have a better screen and have things the 4.7 inch won't have. I'm hoping its that way since the 5.5 inch will probably be $100 more. Hopefully not paying $100 more on each model for just the screen. The one thing I will be disappointed in is the pertruding camera lens. It looks like something samsung would do. I look at apple as setting the bar and this seams to set them back a couple steps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR