Okay, So recently I've bought a iPhone 5s off eBay ( Verizon version ) for a low price because it's water damaged. If the phone has a clean imei is it possible to get a out of warranty replacement phone from Apple ? Will I need any personal information to give to apple ? The phone powers on to the apple logo but that's it.
    08-29-2014 01:32 PM
    A replacement phone would cost you more than you can buy a new iPhone 5s for now on contract. Carriers are offering good deals now on the 5c and 5s. Some retailers are selling the 5s for $99 and the 5c for .97 cents. Just saying!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-29-2014 01:40 PM
    Okay, So recently I've bought a iPhone 5s off eBay ( Verizon version ) for a low price because it's water damaged. If the phone has a clean imei is it possible to get a out of warranty replacement phone from Apple ? Will I need any personal information to give to apple ? The phone powers on to the apple logo but that's it.
    https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

Out-of-warranty* cost:

iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $269
    iPhone 4s: $199
    iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, Original iPhone: $149
    Plus a $6.95 shipping fee. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax.
    *Accidental damage isn’t covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    08-29-2014 01:42 PM
    What HankAZ is correct which is why I'm here to tell you that if you make an appointment at a Genius Bar, just be honest and say the phone was accidentally water damaged. I've heard of cases where they let things like that go and just give you a replacement. The 5S you have is still under its one-year standard warranty from whenever it was purchased. Just be honest with them. If they say no, at least you tried. It's better than saying you don't know what's wrong and they go ahead and find water damage.
    EmceeGeek and fanjelz like this.
    08-29-2014 03:49 PM
    What HankAZ is correct which is why I'm here to tell you that if you make an appointment at a Genius Bar, just be honest and say the phone was accidentally water damaged. I've heard of cases where they let things like that go and just give you a replacement. The 5S you have is still under its one-year standard warranty from whenever it was purchased. Just be honest with them. If they say no, at least you tried. It's better than saying you don't know what's wrong and they go ahead and find water damage.
    I completely agree.
    fanjelz likes this.
    08-31-2014 05:13 AM
    I was in the hospital a couple weeks ago and my phone was dropped with out a case and bent my whole phone pretty bad. I made an appointment and drove to the apple store and the replaced it for free. I just explained my situation and they were very helpful.
    08-31-2014 08:05 AM
    moral of the story- honesty is your best policy
    Coachbulldog and fanjelz like this.
    08-31-2014 08:51 AM
    You`re absolutely right. But it is to think about whether one does not wait for iphone 6.
    True I might just wait for the 6.
    08-31-2014 01:47 PM
    As far as I know they won't give you a warranty replacement for the 5S and give you a 6. But I also had my sons phone get wet and told them the truth and they replaced it for free.
    08-31-2014 11:20 PM