Bad ESN iPhone 5s... What can I do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Recently bought an iPhone 5s. Checked the ESN number before I bought it. It was clean / ready to activate. Once I got around to activating it. The device was reported lost or stolen. Of course the seller is long gone and won't answer any calls or messages. What can I do to use this phone? Please help me

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, but theres not much you can do, if you can't reach the seller or the owner, turn it into police.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
A bad ESN usually means flagged for non-payment of an outstanding bill. Why do you believe it was reported lost or stolen?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I checked the ESN on the verizon network because that's what I have. Is there any way I can have it repaired? Can it be used on a different network? I wouldn't resell it knowing it won't work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So you'd rather try to use it than turn it in so the original owner could possibly get their stolen/lost property back? Interesting.
Yeah. Let me try and get that back to someone who lives in a different city than myself. Am I just supposed to go and stand on the corner with a sign?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Let me try and get that back to someone who lives in a different city than myself. Am I just supposed to go and stand on the corner with a sign?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

No, but you could do like any other human being could and turn it into Verizon (where the ESN was reported bad) or your local police station with a report that it was listed as lost/stolen (as you put it).

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*
* Stolen devices should be reported to your local police and mobile service provider.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would work with your local law enforcement and try to get the guy who did this to you.
YOu have emails and phone number.
If it was thru CL im sure they keep IP addresses. so yeah, make a few calls to try to get some theft detectives or internet crimes detectives in your city to get the ball rolling.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
[WARN]Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*
* Stolen devices should be reported to your local police and mobile service provider.[/WARN]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73