Yup I don't use a case but to have a scratch on the screen drives me crazy. I can deal with a damaged back.
    09-06-2014 08:57 AM
    I think if you have a case with a good lay-on-table design like the Spigen Neo Hybrid and the Apple leather cases, a screen protector isn't really necessary. I have the Neo Hybrid and the case covers the edges of the phone so the screen never touches the surface when I set it face down.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-06-2014 12:58 PM
    To each his/her own, but my Grandaughter has had her iPhone for approx 2 months and her screen is all scratched up. I guess you can blame that on her pocketbook...SMILE
    09-06-2014 01:52 PM
    Yup. I don't worry about putting it down I worry about the dust and dirt in my pockets.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-06-2014 04:21 PM
    Yup. I don't worry about putting it down I worry about the dust and dirt in my pockets.
    Exactly, laundry lint, dust and dirt will scratch.
    09-06-2014 04:36 PM
    Yup. All you need is a piece of sand and you got a scratch. Not worth it to me.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-06-2014 04:57 PM
    A glass screen protector on my 5S. It's even hard to notice that there is a glass protection my screen. I hate scratches on my screen, once the protection get enough of scratches I can easily replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-06-2014 07:35 PM
    I carry my iP5 in my purse and place it inside the side pocket which hold my phone. My daughter dropped my keys in the side pocket and they damaged my screen. There is a very visible dot in the center from the impact. Now when I read anything I can see it and it's irritating! Every since then I have had a screen protector on both my phones and my iPad. I think having one as a precaution is better than not having one and learning to live with a screen full of scratches and dings.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-07-2014 08:57 AM
    Does these tempered glass with 0.33mm thickness really protects screen of 5s? I installed it yesterday on my 5s and normal screen guard on back, i want to know if tempered glass is also available for back side of iphone 5s?
    09-07-2014 09:45 AM
    I have a Zagg on mine. I dropped my phone screen down and cracked the glass screen protector. It crack and my phone was fine so to me it's worth it. I contacted Zagg and had a new one before the week was over.
    09-07-2014 09:49 AM
    So this zagg glass is same like tempered glass? 0.33mm in thickness?
    09-07-2014 09:52 AM
    Does these tempered glass with 0.33mm thickness really protects screen of 5s? I installed it yesterday on my 5s and normal screen guard on back, i want to know if tempered glass is also available for back side of iphone 5s?
    Not that I know of, but I would be all over a GLASS 5s "back" protector....SMILE
    09-07-2014 10:07 AM
    Do i really need one on? My screen protector messed up thinking just gonna go naked with a mophie case of course
    I'm writing from my 5s with mophie and screen protector.
    Feels good using the iPhone e without screen protector, I started using ALWAYS screen protector a few years ago when I scratched my blackberry 9810 and every time I was looking to the screen the scratch was calling for me " hey I'm here " lollll, yes, use it always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-07-2014 10:22 AM
    I hate screen protectors but I do use Them but how scratch resistant are the iPhone 6 screens? Bc my iPhone 5c never got scratches. Even under extreme light. But I'm very careful. I never drop my phone. Ever!!!!!! But I've heard some people saying a screen protector isn't needed but then others say to use one but I just don't want scratches so I'm not sure which to do. I dealt with bad scratches on a iPhone 4 I used from a family member until I got this 6. And it was pretty scratched. So what do you Think? Be honest
    04-25-2016 01:01 PM
    I hate screen protectors but I do use Them but how scratch resistant are the iPhone 6 screens? Bc my iPhone 5c never got scratches. Even under extreme light. But I'm very careful. I never drop my phone. Ever!!!!!! But I've heard some people saying a screen protector isn't needed but then others say to use one but I just don't want scratches so I'm not sure which to do. I dealt with bad scratches on a iPhone 4 I used from a family member until I got this 6. And it was pretty scratched. So what do you Think? Be honest
    Screen protectors mostly protect against scratches and nicks. The best protection from drops is a decent protective case with significant lip around the edges.
    libra89 and JanuarJaguar like this.
    04-25-2016 01:39 PM
    I use hardened glass in case I drop my phone. I've been using it with every iPhone I ever had even though I NEVER dropped it. If you, like me, never happen to drop your phone, there's no reason to use glass.
    Speaking of simple glass protectors, like Ledsteplin already said, they mostly protect from scratches but I highly doubt that Gorilla screens are THAT vulnerable so probably you should be fine without any protectors.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-25-2016 05:43 PM
66 123