I've got a 5S and will be springing for the 6 as soon as I can get my hands on it.
    08-31-2014 03:58 PM
    ill be sticking with 5s honestly i dont see much worth it to spring for it if your on contract unless you have money to waste. i for life of me could never understand why someone would go out and blow like 600+ on cellphone and have monthly bill to pay. if its bigger screen you want why not just get a mini ? spend half of price. personal choice though if i was able get it as upgrade i would.
    09-01-2014 12:59 AM
    I'd say use the device you feel you can't go without
    09-01-2014 01:09 AM
    I think it's too soon to decide ...
    09-01-2014 04:54 AM
    I like the bigger screens for sure, but I'll keep my 5S until the second generation Iphone6 comes out. Who knows might try a windows phone for awhile too.
    09-03-2014 06:09 AM
    ill be sticking with 5s honestly i dont see much worth it to spring for it if your on contract unless you have money to waste. i for life of me could never understand why someone would go out and blow like 600+ on cellphone and have monthly bill to pay. if its bigger screen you want why not just get a mini ? spend half of price. personal choice though if i was able get it as upgrade i would.
    What does the monthly service bill have to do with buying a smart phone outright? We all have a monthly bill for service, regardless of how we purchased the device, but those of us who purchase them unsubsidized have the ability to switch from carrier to carrier (if we so choose) to get the best pricing on the services we require. I'm not sure how this is confusing.

And I don't view it as wasteful at all. I buy new iPhone's because I enjoy having a new iPhone...trying to assign value on something in a general sense is silly because what you deem important may not match me or anyone else...I don't have money to "waste", I have money to spend on what I want...monumental difference.

And your suggestion to get a "mini" (assuming iPad Mini) is odd...size wise there is a substantial difference between even the forecasted larger 5.5" device, and you know, the fact that it costs about the same with a cellular radio, and still can't make phone calls in the same fashion.
    09-03-2014 12:33 PM
    ...i for life of me could never understand why someone would go out and blow like 600+ on cellphone...
    Because I have a lot of money to spend.
    rdubmu and qbnkelt like this.
    09-03-2014 01:54 PM
    Because I have a lot of money to spend.
    +1
    Besides, I don't hunt and rarely fish anymore, not a gamer, don't smoke or chew, don't gamble and rarely am in the bars anymore. I watch what my buddies spend on these things so when they question my spending on a phone, I just shake my head.
    kataran and larsonage like this.
    09-03-2014 02:04 PM
    +1
    Besides, I don't hunt and rarely fish anymore, not a gamer, don't smoke or chew, don't gamble and rarely am in the bars anymore. I watch what my buddies spend on these things so when they question my spending on a phone, I just shake my head.

I no longer have a shoe fetish, I no longer buy expensive watches, I make my own money, no man tells me what to do and I'm on the wrong side of 40.

I can do this.
    kataran likes this.
    09-03-2014 02:12 PM
    09-03-2014 02:19 PM
    so everyone feels the need to gain up on people who dont have enough money to go out and just blow like that ? :-/ i mean seriously.......go with crowd or get chewed a new one ? and its good you give those things up if it what makes you happy im just saying theres no need to hate on everyone who says anything about not buying the iphone 6 and staying with 5s.
    09-03-2014 11:51 PM
    so everyone feels the need to gain up on people who dont have enough money to go out and just blow like that ? :-/ i mean seriously.......go with crowd or get chewed a new one ? and its good you give those things up if it what makes you happy im just saying theres no need to hate on everyone who says anything about not buying the iphone 6 and staying with 5s.
    It's the same need you feel when stating that you can't understand why anyone would "blow their money" on a $600+ device. If you can dish it out....

My ridiculous reply was made to illustrate how ridiculous yours was. Who cares how anyone spends their money? For example, I couldn't care less about smart watches and have no interest in them. And I'm willing to bet whatever Apple produces won't garner my interest either. But how pretentious would it be of myself to come here and state how I can't understand why someone would spend their money on it just because I don't think it's feasible.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-04-2014 01:27 AM
    But, you passed that same judgement on those of us getting one.

If you don't want to take it, don't dish it.
    09-04-2014 01:37 AM
    I really don't get how it's ridiculous because I said I don't understand. I'm not sayin it's stupid or anything it's just saying I don't understand why so many people do that. I get it and understand if it's that you just want the newest thing or whatever, guess I should have worded my question another way. But honestly point behind that post was basically me stating a opinion and question.
    09-04-2014 05:31 AM
    I really don't get how it's ridiculous because I said I don't understand. I'm not sayin it's stupid or anything it's just saying I don't understand why so many people do that. I get it and understand if it's that you just want the newest thing or whatever, guess I should have worded my question another way. But honestly point behind that post was basically me stating a opinion and question.
    We get what you're saying, Shawn, so don't sweat it. I'm one of those people who is not rich or even close to being rich, however, I will move mountains to pay for something I want, but that's Just Me, D. I'm a big believer of rewarding one's self from time to time. Know what I mean?...
    kataran and zerog46 like this.
    09-04-2014 08:42 AM
    I don't understand why anyone would stick with their 5S when a newer gen iPhone will be out.

Do you see the ridiculousness in that statement?
    09-04-2014 11:04 AM
    Don't regret you iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    09-05-2014 02:16 AM
    Heisenberg you're saying that probably because you have a lot of money. I use to say that to other peoples too before , but life now make me realise that its hard these days to get a good salary. And with Wife and kids its even impossible to upgrade every year.

09-05-2014 02:20 AM
    I no longer have a shoe fetish, I no longer buy expensive watches, I make my own money, no man tells me what to do and I'm on the wrong side of 40.

I can do this.
    I myself no longer drink, which saves me approx $300.00 a month, great feeling being sober with extra cash now for spur of the moment toy. Not enough for toys...just one toy. Maybe even a new iPad , that'd compliment my 5s and will have best of both worlds.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-05-2014 07:14 AM
    I suggest you to keep your iphone 5s. Because I think iphone 5s is more beautiful.
    Me too. The best looking device I've ever seen.
    09-05-2014 07:15 AM
    I myself no longer drink, which saves me approx $300.00 a month, great feeling being sober with extra cash now for spur of the moment toy. Not enough for toys...just one toy. Maybe even a new iPad , that'd compliment my 5s and will have best of both worlds.
    I'm going to do Hank's trick for saving up for my iPad.....buy iTunes cards!!!!!! 50 bucks each paycheck. Brilliant!!!

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s
    09-05-2014 10:46 AM
    I'm going to do Hank's trick for saving up for my iPad.....buy iTunes cards!!!!!! 50 bucks each paycheck. Brilliant!!!

Not iTunes cards! Apple Store gift cards. They are not interchangeable.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    09-05-2014 12:38 PM
    Ooooops thank you!

09-05-2014 12:49 PM
    Heisenberg you're saying that probably because you have a lot of money. I use to say that to other peoples too before , but life now make me realise that its hard these days to get a good salary. And with Wife and kids its even impossible to upgrade every year.

thank gosh someone here gets what i was trying to say. simple fact of it is not everyone who owns a apple device is rich. and put people down because of there opinion is just insane.
    09-05-2014 05:04 PM
    thank gosh someone here gets what i was trying to say. simple fact of it is not everyone who owns a apple device is rich. and put people down because of there opinion is just insane.
    Pretty sure had you said this, instead of the words you used while 'trying' to say this, the outcome would have been quite different.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-05-2014 05:10 PM
84 1234