For those who upgrade every year, how do you sell your phones?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I checked out Swappa. I like the free selling but there are a lot of unsold phones listed. I feel I'd be able to sell my phone quicker in eBay but then there's the fee. Don't know what I wanna do.

Swappa sells quick if you have a device in good condition with a low price.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Swappa sells quick if you have a device in good condition with a low price.
Yeah 'cause I see a lot of people pricing their phones around 400-500 dollars. I'll have to price mine around 350-380 if I wanna make a sale. And it's in good condition.

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is usually sold on craigslist or Swappa. This year it'll be Swappa or eBay; since Craigslist doesn't have a good market in GA.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have used Craigslist many many times for buying, selling and trading phones. I have never used ebay because I didn't want to be charged a fee for the transaction. Craigslist has been great for me. I have also used gazelle once for a 4s (I believe) that I had at the time. The screen was broken, and instead of dealing with Craigslist on that one...I decided gazelle would be easier and faster.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Usually craigslist since the market in the SF Bay Area is generally good. I usually do not try and get absolute top dollar...just a little over what it will cost for the upgrade price of the new one plus a little extra for a case or something. I usually am able to flip it within 2 days.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
In india, I have used quikr.com and olx.com with good results. These are buyer-seller platforms like craigslist.
Then there is a company that buys outright depending on the condition and gives cash called sahivalue dot com. I have sold my 1st gen ipad to them.

QP Mihai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I only sell my phones if i'm not using them AND a friend or relative is interested in buying. (for a lower price than the market anyway :) )

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
There are second hand phone shops near my house that are willing to buy my iPhones at a decent price. My 32gb 4s fetched enough to cover the contract price of a 32gb 5s (though I went with the 64gb version). Could I have gotten a better deal online? Perhaps, but this was cash on the spot, saves me the hassle of waiting.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Usually I sell it to someone I know that is willing to buy it for a bit less than what I would post it on CL for. I really hate receiving call after call when I put something up on there and having to manage my google voice account. I'm keeping my 5S even when I get my next iPhone.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have used eBay, Craigslist and Swappa in the past. Most recently Swappa with very good success. Now that my kids are getting older I think we will be passing phones down. We will be replacing a 5s, 5 and a 4s in December. We have not decided how it will work out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I did Gazelle last year and I will likely do that again this year. I don't mess with Ebay or Craigslist, I just don't trust either. I had planned for my husband to take this 5S but he doesn't want a new phone. So unless someone needs to buy one within the family, which I doubt, I will likely just do Gazelle again.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I traded my 5 for the 5s at the Apple Store, wasn't a good idea financially but of course hassle free.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
For Utah, Nevada, Idaho, and Wyoming the is KSL Classifieds. It's similar to Craig's List. I sell there a lot (sell quick for very reasonable prices $600 for 64 GB iP5) or on Amazon ($800 for iPad Air 128GB Cellular)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I use ebay and craigslist and if sells on craigslist first I end the auction. If you do ebay don't be afraid of international shipping just watch certain countries and check feedback but I usually make 20% more.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Usually I sell it to someone I know that is willing to buy it for a bit less than what I would post it on CL for. I really hate receiving call after call when I put something up on there and having to manage my google voice account. I'm keeping my 5S even when I get my next iPhone.

This is also what I"ve done in the past or give it to a less fortunate family member or friend. This go round I'm going to keep my Gold 5s.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner