Lifeproof case?..

jakea95

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a good waterproof & dust proof case as I work outside, I've been looking at the lifeproof fre, but most reviews on apple are poor, what's your thoughts on this case or can you suggest options

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Many people on here love their lifeproof cases. Most people on reviews only take the time to review when they are bitter and angry. Lifeproof is good, otterbox preserver is also a great case.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
That being said make sure to install the case properly so your not bitter and angry lol.

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
@HAWK yes funny but true I had a LifeProof N??D case for a long while I work construction and needed a good water/dust proof case and the case was awesome even after my dog tried to eat the phone my phone is still 100% like when I first put the case on gonna buy another today in fact from an app called" Lootsy "for iPhone they have all kinds of stuff for sale there and one guy sells the LifeProof cases brand new for $30 can't beat that check it out

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you look around on here you'll see me say I LOVE lifeproof! The n??d case though. I've also found out about the Catalyst case recently which seems to be just as good. Some reviewers/consumers prefer it over the lifeproof. Check out MobileReviewsEh on YouTube.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
May not be the most durable.. After 2 months my Fr? isn't looking too swell. But amazing customer service! My new Lifeproof is on its way to me now!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It works as advertised and very durable I had one on my i5 and it survived a bad motorcycle accident with no real damage just some scuffs and my girlfriend is still using it to this day

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an few and have never had any real problems. As with all waterproof case your sounds are going to be muffled a bit. I do prefer the Otterbox Preserver over the LP.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just recently bought the lifeproof case and am very happy with it. I had the otterbox preserver and it was also a good case but added just a bit more bulk than the lifeproof.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have used pretty much all of the big expensive cases but i always come back to the fre

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
With cases every pro has a con. The more drop protection the more you lose the design of the phone, the more waterproof the more you lose speaker quality, naked it's gonna get scratches and damaged to some degree eventually..It's what's important to you and of the pros outweigh the cons in your situation.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a lifeproof n??d and I have to say I like it a lot more then the frē I had.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a good waterproof & dust proof case as I work outside, I've been looking at the lifeproof fre, but most reviews on apple are poor, what's your thoughts on this case or can you suggest options

Posted on this just a min ago in another thread.

I own both the Nuud (LP) and Preserver (Otter).

The Preserver feels more solid and after 2 days of use, I have not heard once that I sound muffled (something I got all the time on the LP even after "reseating" the phone). The drawback (if I would call it that) is that there is a screen protector built in but it's so tightly fit in that there is no pillowing effect.

The Nuud is solid too but feels slightly cheaper and suffers from muffling. Having direct access to the screen is also nice.

I have decided though to replace my Nuud and stick with the Preserver since it just feels better overall.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Posted my semi-review in the other thread "Lifeproof vs. Otterbox"...I personally feel the Lifeproof Fre case is great for protecting the phone from water but not a good option if you want to take pictures with your device at the same time. I've never tried the newer version, but looking at how it's similarly built around the frame of the phone and camera area, I would imagine you'd get similar results in many cases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro