How's your Space Gray looking?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've posted another thread previously on, how's your iPhone holding up. But now I'm wondering about all of you with the a Space Gray model. I used to have the white/silver, but got bored of it fast as it's the color I've had on every iPhone I've owned. So I traded with someone for a Space Gray version. In a way I've come to regret it, as it's not faring too well. I'm not sure how, but I've accumulated a good amount of scratches near the ear piece and front facing camera up at the top. Dents and scuffs don't bother me much, but scratches on the front side kill me. It sucks to know there's no way to really get rid of them other than with a case that covers the front.

So how's yours doing?

6abany2u.jpg
ebuze8ad.jpg

By the way, these pictures don't really do the scratches justice. They're worse than you'd think. :(

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I traded my silver for space gray as well. I keep mine in a case so it's pretty much in mint condition minus one very faint hairline scratch on the back from the previous owner.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I traded my silver for space gray as well. I keep mine in a case so it's pretty much in mint condition minus one very faint hairline scratch on the back from the previous owner.

Well lucky you. I could live with just about anything on the back, I don't have to look at it!

What case are you using? Excuse my curiosity :)

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Well lucky you. I could live with just about anything on the back, I don't have to look at it!

What case are you using? Excuse my curiosity :)

Spigen slim armor s. It actually saved my iPhone earlier today when I left work and dropped my phone on the street. And the case itself doesn't even look beat up which was surprising.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Mines in mint because it's in a defender at the moment. When my slim armor gets here she will be out and open to the elements lol

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Mines in mint because it's in a defender at the moment. When my slim armor gets here she will be out and open to the elements lol

Do you have a lot of dirt buildup around the ear piece cutout? There's a permanent dirt ring from my Defender.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My Space Gray rMini is still looking great and stays really clean looking. I have had it in a folio case, and there are 2 very small dents on the chamfered edge, so it isn't fully protected, but it still is looking great :)

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I just put my phone under a brighter light and now realize how many scratches the screen itself has! Guess I might just have to sell it for the 6.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
OP are you saying that you wish you had the white model because it wouldn't show as many scratches?

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
More or less flawless here, always cased, always have screen protector. I'll take it out once or twice a week to clean out the dust and use it for a couple hours without the case, but always when I'm at home where I have good chance it'll fall on carpet instead of anything else, if it does fall

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my space gray 5S since launch and I don't have any scratches. In an Apple leather case but no screen protector.
Well lucky you. I've heard the Apple leather case does great at protecting people's phones. I'm wishing I would have jumped on that before it was too late.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine looks brand new. I have screen protectors, hard cases and a pouch that it goes it.

I really wish I could bring myself to use a screen protector, but I just can't do it! Even something like the Zagg Glass, I still know it's there!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for a few months. It's looks brand new, in mint condition. I use a Seidio Surface case with no screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73